Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay talked to Manning before hiring Ballard

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just why would Irsay have a problem with Peyton being part owner with any team? 

You are confusing friendship with business.

Im not confusing anything.

Why would Jim Irsay have a problem with Peyton Manning being a part owner of another team like the Titans or the Saints?    Really?

Is that a serious question?

This thread started with the concept that Irsay first approached Manning to be part of the franchise.   It’s not to be the HC.   It’s not to be the GM.   It’s to be a senior executive.    A VP or a President.    And it might come with an enticement to be a part owner.

I did not state it as fact.   I only stated the how and why it might work.   You may be right.   Maybe Irsay doesn’t want to give up 1 percent if his franchise to Manning under any circumstances.   Or maybe Irsay would give up 5-10 percent but not more which Peyton might want?   Have no way of knowing.

But you asked why and I answered it.  You didn’t like the answer and here we are.....

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Im not confusing anything.

Why would Jim Irsay have a problem with Peyton Manning being a part owner of another team like the Titans or the Saints?    Really?

Is that a serious question?

This thread started with the concept that Irsay first approached Manning to be part of the franchise.   It’s not to be the HC.   It’s not to be the GM.   It’s to be a senior executive.    A VP or a President.    And it might come with an enticement to be a part owner.

I did not state it as fact.   I only stated the how and why it might work.   You may be right.   Maybe Irsay doesn’t want to give up 1 percent if his franchise to Manning under any circumstances.   Or maybe Irsay would give up 5-10 percent but not more which Peyton might want?   Have no way of knowing.

But you asked why and I answered it.  You didn’t like the answer and here we are.....

NO where did the statement say Manning was offered an enticement of ownership. That is something you have added.

You act like Irsay would have a problem with Manning owning part of another team?  Get real.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

NO where did the statement say Manning was offered an enticement of ownership. That is something you have added.

You act like Irsay would have a problem with Manning owning part of another team?  Get real.

I didn't say it did.     You have a seriouis reading comprehension problem.

And yes,  I do believe (I don't know) but I do believe Irsay would not be happy with Manning owning part of another team.      That's my opinion and it's always been stated as my opinion and not fact.

You asked why.     I gave you the answers.    You don't have to agree with them.    But don't tell me I stated them as facts when I didn't.

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I didn't say it did.     You have a seriouis reading comprehension problem.

And yes,  I do believe (I don't know) but I do believe Irsay would not be happy with Manning owning part of another team.      That's my opinion and it's always been stated as my opinion and not fact.

You asked why.     I gave you the answers.    You don't have to agree with them.    But don't tell me I stated them as facts when I didn't.

Believe what you want to believe.

Like I said. You are confusing friendship with business if you really think Irsay would have a problem with Peyton owning any part of another team. Irsay is Peyton's friend and has no control what Peyton does. Matter of fact IMO Irsay would be behind whatever Peyton did but he is not going to offer Peyton any part of the Colts.

Now that is what I believe.