Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Day After Analysis........ 2 Cents from Deano

MikeCurtis

27 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Eh... I'm a huge Leonard fan have been since the draft but he played like utter crap in Houston and the first half of the KC game. 

Notice when he settled down and played his position instead of trying to be a hero the defense started shutting down KC in the second half. Leonard is great but he is not above reproach.  His regular season success is nice and all but you have to bring it in the post season and Leonard did not until the very end. 

He is a rookie

He was trying to make up for some stink around him......

He did get 10 tackles....  

He was out of position, tying to make plays, but it hurt us

He will be better next year..... Im confident

His lack of performance is a MOLE HILL compared to the MOUNTAINS of problems from others on this team.... from this game

• Like 1

This team isn't a finished product.  Far from it.  It still has some holes to fill, I think we all understand that.  I think this roster outkicked it's coverage this year.  It was admirable, but this game showed us all how far it still has to go to get to the elite.  It can be elite as early as next year though.  I had thought going into the season it would take 2-3 more years (including this one).  I was wrong.  With the amount of money they have available and the draft picks, including the Jet's high 2nd rounder, this team can take that next step in 2019.  And if they can just avoid the slow start that plagued them this season, perhaps the road to the AFC would go through Indy, and that would be one heckuva an advantage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

That is why we need 3 safeties on the field most of the time on top of 3 CBs for us to be able to cover TEs throughout the game. Unless we can land a 3-down LB like Devin White (if he declares) at No.26, bolstering our LB corps considerably.

It wouldn't be the worst idea to add E Thomas back with Hooker with Geathers the up guy. Some competition for the kid for Geathers (in this scenario) backup is definitely coming. Ballard will be looking for LB help that is for sure. A wisened vet may be the right thing? And one with a draft pick? We gotsta think better,  run faster ASAP.