Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think this was a good year?

Trace Pyott

In one of the threads before the season about our expectations/hopes for the season, I said that I won't be judging this season by wins and losses or playoff appearance. Some of the criteria I had before the season about judging this season were

- I wanted to see Luck at or close to his pre-injury self by the end of the season

- I wanted to see improvement on the O-line

- I wanted to see future(if not present) building blocks/elite players on the roster

- I wanted to feel like we have the right people at the helm(GM/Coaches)

With all that said... to me this season is a resounding success, not matter how we finish it... even if we lose all 3 remaining games I feel like I've seen enough to have a positive answer on all of those points ... Luck is back, the O-line looks much improved, we got blue chip prospects in Nelson and Leonard and we have a ton of other great developments and hopes for the long-term roster... and i really like how Reich has handled himself and how he's designing the offense, alleviating areas of struggle when needed and pushing the advantages this roster has over opponents. I like his playcalling, I like the aggressiveness(this is WITHOUT hedges and without asterisks about the 4th down aggression - I love it, I hope he keeps doing it, we will see the rewards in the long-term). Everything else we get in the form of wins and potential playoff success is a bonus for me.

To me, this is a not just a good year, this was a great year for the Colts and it sets us up incredibly well for the future with a roster on the rise, with Luck playing his best football ever, with good coaches I trust, with tons of money in free agency, with several additional picks in the draft and a GM I trust to make the right decisions. I couldn't really ask for much more. 

• Like 1