Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard should double dip at DT in the draft

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Dude........

Carolina BBQ is NASTY

I use vinegar to clean my coffee maker........ WHY would I RUIN ribs with a cleaning product??

:scratch:  There's apple cider vinegar in Memphis BBQ sauce...

The South Carolina mustard bbq sauce is gross, but that North Carolina sauce is awesome.  It's cider vinegar, like caramel apple cider, little sweet, little sour/tangy, and the good ones have that little kick of heat/spice.  It hits almost the whole palate.

You DON'T put apple cider vinegar in your bbq sauce?

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

:scratch:  There's apple cider vinegar in Memphis BBQ sauce...

The South Carolina mustard bbq sauce is gross, but that North Carolina sauce is awesome.  It's cider vinegar, like caramel apple cider, little sweet, little sour/tangy, and the good ones have that little kick of heat/spice.  It hits almost the whole palate.

You DON'T put apple cider vinegar in your bbq sauce?

A SLIGHT ingredient vs the MAJOR ingredient........

Take a swig of vinegar....... YUCK

I USED to think that you were a WISE football poster....... now..... I have to move your ranking down a bit...... Due to your POOR choice in BBQ   :)

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

A SLIGHT ingredient vs the MAJOR ingredient........

Take a swig of vinegar....... YUCK

I USED to think that you were a WISE football poster....... now..... I have to move your ranking down a bit...... Due to your POOR choice in BBQ   :)

It's not like I said Carolina is my favorite, I don't even like it as much as Memphis.  But I do like strong flavors, whether it's smoky, sweet, tangy, or spicy.  Especially if I can get 'em all at once!  :thmup:

Maybe the Carolina sauce you tried was just too vinegary.  Some of them are like that.  It's best when the vinegar doesn't overpower the other flavors.  (And it's gotta be apple cider vinegar since that's on the sweeter side, not just straight vinegar or red wine vinegar)

Interesting fact:  Ketchup is one of the only foods known to man to hit your entire palate (the five basic food flavors) at once, and that's because Heinz upped the sugar and vinegar content in their ketchup.  Maybe that's why Mahomes likes it so much.  haha

• Like 1