Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kendyll Write Vs Chris Givens Vs Stephen Hill

I'll take Stephen Hill at this rate. He's got the size and speed, but because of Georgia Tech running that horrific triple option cruddy running game 90% of the time you really don't get see Hill show off his route running skills very much if at all. The one good thing about that 'offense' GT runs he has to block in it, so you know he is atleast a decent/good blocking WR.

Stephen Hill is Heads and Shoulders above Kendell Write. Right Look like a 4.6 player to me..(4.6 is still fast)

If Hill is around for out turn in the Second round, he is on the top of my board for all other players. I'd love to go Defense, but the depth at corner and d-line puts Hill as a priority.

I like Wright better than the other 2 right now. Hill has good size and a lot of potential, but too many concentration drops. He has the highest ceiling and could be really good. I love his size and speed. They could all make good pros if they develop

Hill may be a one trick pony. Not a whole lot of advanced route running in GT's system. He also finished last at the combine in the shuttle and cone drills amongst receivers despite a blazing 40 time. That raises a red flag for me that he may not be able to run more than the deep route on a consistent basis.

Kendall Wright would fit perfectly in Arian's system. He could be our Mike Wallace. A lot of screens, and a deep threat with elite speed. (He's way faster than 4.6, more like 4.45)

Stephen Hill has a lot of upside though. GT is where Calvin Johnson came from, and they had similar combine numbers.

Hill

6'4" 215lbs

40 Time: 4.36

Vertical Jump: 39.5

Broad Jump: 11'1"

Johnson

6'5" 239lbs

40 Time: 4.35

Vertical Leap: 42.5

Broad Jump: 11'7"

I'm not saying Hill is anywhere near the prospect Calvin Johnson was, but his number are still pretty impressive next to one of the biggest combine freaks of all time.

Hill may be a one trick pony. Not a whole lot of advanced route running in GT's system. He also finished last at the combine in the shuttle and cone drills amongst receivers despite a blazing 40 time. That raises a red flag for me that he may not be able to run more than the deep route on a consistent basis.

"We might be a one trick pony offense, but it's one heck of a trick!" - Nate Burleson on the Lions O (Megatron)

That is just the first thing that popped into my head when I read that. I know, I know, I know, Hill Isn't Calvin.

This is a pretty tough match-up, I don't know who I like more out of the three...I love Hill's size and speed and as someone has already mentioned he is a willing blocker, Wright has me intrigued, and Givens shows some very good value seeing that he will likely be there in the third. If I had to pick one, I'd go Givens and address whoever is the bpa at D-line/DB/interior O-line in the second.