Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

KC (-4.5) at Denver (10-1-18)

oldunclemark

8:15 EST with the struggling (to be kind) announce team of Joe Tessitore, Jason Witten and 'Booger

(what a nickname) McFarland on ESPN

I can see kids at home asking 'Mommy, who do they call him Booger? Don't they like him?

Low-60s, upper 50s, over-under 54.5  at the Mile High Stadium in Denver.

KC 'WonderBoy' Pat Mahomes (62 of 93, 896 yards) has thrown for 13 TDs and ZERO interceptions.

Forget yards per attempt...Mahomes averages 14 yards per completion.

Speedy Tyreek Hill has just 22 catches but 310 yards gained.

Tight end Travis Kelce (16 catches, 229 yards)  and WR Sammy Watkins (14 catches, 176 yards) have the names and the numbers but nine different Chiefs have caught a TD pass already this season.

Last week, KC scored touchdowns the first five times they had the ball against SF.

Denver "Everyman' Case Keenum (66 of 108,.743 yards) has led two come-from-behind wins but he's part of the reason they've been behind due to 5 pass interceptions.

KC's Mahomes has only been sacked four times but the Broncos have nine sacks including four by OLB Von Miller. The Broncos have allowed just 233 yards rushing in 3 games but KC doesn't run the ball.

Denver rookie halfback Phillips Lindsey (33 catches, 198 yards, 6.0 per carry) returns to the lineup after being ejected for losing his mind and punching a Raven in last weeks 27-14 loss at Baltimore.

Another made-for-TV matchup.

Denver is much tougher at home than they are on the road but KC has not trailed in ANY game at ANY time this year. The Chiefs (3-0) have allowed 92 points and 92 first downs.

But Denver has allowed 70% passing against them this fall. Derek Carr was 29 of 32 vs. Denver.

Probably a must win game in the AFC West standings for Denver (2-1).

A  'Sure do need to win' game for KC because they play Jacksonville and New England next.

4 1/2 is a lot to give Denver at home but I wouldnt go against KC..

The 'over' seems like a trap but DeMarcus Ware will win 'Dancing With the Stars' before either of these defense shuts down these offenses

Edited by oldunclemark

6 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Big test for the Chiefs is this week. They go against a tough Jags D that front four will harass Mahoney all game and a secondary with a lot of talent.. 

Yeah. Their game plan is going to be the same - make Bortles beat them and if Bortles plays average, the Chiefs will still score enough to win, IMO. Bortles played out of his mind vs the Patriots, and has come back down to earth since then. Broncos were content on giving up the rushing yards, Jaguars will have to be content as well. If they over commit to stopping the run and put extra folks in the box, too many 1-on-1s that the Chiefs can exploit, IMO.

Ramsey does not have the speed to keep up with Hill, I can see Hill busting one through for sure. I think they put Bouye on Hill, for the speed, like they did with Cooks last year in the AFCCG and put Ramsey to shut down Kelce 1-on-1. I expect another big day for Kareem Hunt.

On 10/2/2018 at 3:31 PM, chad72 said:

Yeah. Their game plan is going to be the same - make Bortles beat them and if Bortles plays average, the Chiefs will still score enough to win, IMO. Bortles played out of his mind vs the Patriots, and has come back down to earth since then. Broncos were content on giving up the rushing yards, Jaguars will have to be content as well. If they over commit to stopping the run and put extra folks in the box, too many 1-on-1s that the Chiefs can exploit, IMO.

Ramsey does not have the speed to keep up with Hill, I can see Hill busting one through for sure. I think they put Bouye on Hill, for the speed, like they did with Cooks last year in the AFCCG and put Ramsey to shut down Kelce 1-on-1. I expect another big day for Kareem Hunt.

Everything you said is possible.. I just feel the Jags will force Mahommes into his first mistake of the year for a few reasons 1. That D is disgusting good up front possibly the only one better than the Broncos there. 2. They have enough film now of Mahommes see his tendencies and game plan to force him into mistakes 3.  Their secondary is probably the best in the NFL right.

all that said I don’t know who wins... should be a great game and I rather KC win since then they face NE undefeated and cocky.. (and that will be a shoot out) 

Denver collapsed in typical Denver fashion. Couldn't stop them when it counts and then couldn't finish the game at the other end.

I think KC has a very good chance. Still no Fournette so more on Bortles and I think Mahomes ability to buy time will give his receivers etc time to get open where as guys like Tom Brady and Eli Manning's etc can't buy time with their legs the same way.