Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Madden 19

I buy Madden every year, so far so good. I am a franchise guy, not online so I can't speak to that portion.

The new XP is a good changeup, also glad they added the scheme fit addition.

Scouting: Love the new option to upload draft classes! When I first did it there were only a couple to pick from and the best was about 40-50 real college players. So I Ended up drafting Ed Oliver in the 1st and Bryce Love in the 2nd.

The Draft: Was given a new look that looks like the real draft with a stage and all, gives it a better look over past years with a random abstract background.

Longshot: This year seems a bit slow and glitchy,  a lot of video that sometimes made me want to skip forward.

I think it is worth the purchase overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For Ultimate Team, EA is releasing new players every week (even every couple days) which is a very different scenario as Madden 18. Passing in H2H has been more challenging (linebacker spies are psychic).

I'm an Ultimate Team guy instead of Franchise. Waiting for Bob Sanders to have a card for this year.

On 8/30/2018 at 12:48 PM, Statiik82 said:

I buy Madden every year, so far so good. I am a franchise guy, not online so I can't speak to that portion.

The new XP is a good changeup, also glad they added the scheme fit addition.

Scouting: Love the new option to upload draft classes! When I first did it there were only a couple to pick from and the best was about 40-50 real college players. So I Ended up drafting Ed Oliver in the 1st and Bryce Love in the 2nd.

The Draft: Was given a new look that looks like the real draft with a stage and all, gives it a better look over past years with a random abstract background.

Longshot: This year seems a bit slow and glitchy,  a lot of video that sometimes made me want to skip forward.

I think it is worth the purchase overall.

Thanks for the info. I haven't purchased Madden since '16.

Couple questions: what is XP and scheme fit edition?

And on Scouting, you can upload actual college players with actual names/attributes for real college players?

Thanks again in advance.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 5:21 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Thanks for the info. I haven't purchased Madden since '16.

Couple questions: what is XP and scheme fit edition?

And on Scouting, you can upload actual college players with actual names/attributes for real college players?

Thanks again in advance.

The old way of XP(experience points) was to hit milestones as you played through the season. Example would be, if Luck threw for 300 yards in a game he would get ‘x’ amount of XP for it. As you get XP for players you can up ‘accuracy’ and build players overall rating up.

The new way I don’t fully know the milestones but you get what I will call ‘1 gem’ to put towards a whole grouping of ratings. So for a WR you would put the gem towards one of the following groupings - Possession, Deep Threat, Red Zone and so on. Which leads in to the next part...

scheme fit,  your team has their scheme (west coast O, 4-3 D) then each player has a scheme fit, so if your team has WR1 as a possession WR you want to make sure you have a possession WR in that spot to help the scheme fit best. So it shows out of 100% how much your team is fitting the scheme. You may need a field general QB but have RG3 in and sure it will work but it’s not going to work with your OL if they are all fitting the scheme for a Field General QB.

scouting - yup! I am seeing up to 2022 draft classes available. Some only have a bout the first round done but I just downloaded a 2019 that had 6 rounds of guys! Troy Dye from Oregon was a 6th rounder. Awesome addition that’s for sure!

i know it is a lot lol, I will try to add some photos tonight as well.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Statiik82 said:

The old way of XP(experience points) was to hit milestones as you played through the season. Example would be, if Luck threw for 300 yards in a game he would get ‘x’ amount of XP for it. As you get XP for players you can up ‘accuracy’ and build players overall rating up.

The new way I don’t fully know the milestones but you get what I will call ‘1 gem’ to put towards a whole grouping of ratings. So for a WR you would put the gem towards one of the following groupings - Possession, Deep Threat, Red Zone and so on. Which leads in to the next part...

scheme fit,  your team has their scheme (west coast O, 4-3 D) then each player has a scheme fit, so if your team has WR1 as a possession WR you want to make sure you have a possession WR in that spot to help the scheme fit best. So it shows out of 100% how much your team is fitting the scheme. You may need a field general QB but have RG3 in and sure it will work but it’s not going to work with your OL if they are all fitting the scheme for a Field General QB.

scouting - yup! I am seeing up to 2022 draft classes available. Some only have a bout the first round done but I just downloaded a 2019 that had 6 rounds of guys! Troy Dye from Oregon was a 6th rounder. Awesome addition that’s for sure!

i know it is a lot lol, I will try to add some photos tonight as well.

Thank you so much !

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I might be jinxing myself by posting this, but I have to share...

I have done multiple franchises in Madden 19, and Vinny always retires in the first few years.  Sometimes it's after the 2018 season, sometimes he'll sign a one year contract or two and retire after 2019 or 2020.

I am currently in year 2026 of a franchise and just signed 53-year-old Adam Vinatieri to another 1-year contract for the 8th year in a row.  That's gotta be an NFL record, right?  Has any player ever played in the NFL at age 53?