Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luke Rhodes signed his tender

TKnight24

I know this sounds silly for a long snapper but he better show marked improvement this year.  last year his snaps were slow and on PATs/FG off the mark.

And not to say he won't improve... it's like anything else, it takes practice.... lots and lots of practice.

57 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I know this sounds silly for a long snapper but he better show marked improvement this year.  last year his snaps were slow and on PATs/FG off the mark.

And not to say he won't improve... it's like anything else, it takes practice.... lots and lots of practice.

I don’t really have feelings about this. But FYI, he has been putting in off-season work with Rigo, practicing snaps and “building chemistry.” Rigo has been posting Instagram videos of them working out and practicing punts together. :gym:

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, CamMo said:

I don’t really have feelings about this. But FYI, he has been putting in off-season work with Rigo, practicing snaps and “building chemistry.” Rigo has been posting Instagram videos of them working out and practicing punts together. :gym:

I figured he was a professional.  As a former long snapper and someone who coaches our long snappers it's just something I noticed.

1 hour ago, CamMo said:

That kid (Sanchez) was one of the biggest bright spots for us last year.  I'm glad he and Rhodes are working together. 

I wonder if they're working on fakes (please, no).

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

In all fairness he was brought to the team as a LB, and took over full time LS duties when they traded the LS during training camp.  The fact that he didn't send any past Rigoberto while punting or holding, and didn't get any penalties that I can recall I consider that a huge success.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MR. Blueblood said:

In all fairness he was brought to the team as a LB, and took over full time LS duties when they traded the LS during training camp.  The fact that he didn't send any past Rigoberto while punting or holding, and didn't get any penalties that I can recall I consider that a huge success.

All true.  That is not why I was knocking him nor indicating the Colts should replace him just that he needs to get better because last year he was not a good longsnapper.  There were quite a few PATs/FGs that were saved because Sanchez has excellent hands.