Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

tvturner's Mock #4 w/Trade

Free Agency

Ndamukong Suh DT - 2 years - 31m

Still a top 5 defensive lineman in the league, him next to Hankins would be a great interior

Tahir Whitehead LB - 3 years - 21m

Would plug into the WLB, under the radar kind of guy

Jordan Matthews WR - 2 years - 12m

Talent shows, needs to stay healthy. Would be a nice addition to the thin receiving core

Rashaan Melvin CB - 2 years 21m

Jack Mewhort OG - 1 year 3m

Ryan Jensen IOL - 3 years 15m

Can plug into OG/C if we move Kelly to G and bring an immediate upgrade to the OL

Draft

Bills get:

#3, 221 

Colts get:

#12, #22, #53, #56

In perspective: 

Bears gave the 49ers #3, two thirds, and a fourth to move up to #2 (Trubisky)

Rams gave the Titans two firsts, two thirds, and two seconds to move up from #15 to #1 (Goff), +a fourth and a sixth

Eagles gave the Browns 2 firsts, a second, and a fourth to move up to #2 (Wentz) + a 4th

I think the trade is very reasonable, + if you factor in the other teams trying to trade up

R1P12: Derwin James S FSU

Now this is a different pick, not sure if I've ever seen James be picked to the Colts.

I think he's one of the can't miss players in this draft and an instant superstar. I know we have Geathers and other needs but a Hooker/James secondary would be explosive.

He's an alpha dog, and a player you can put almost anywhere. Great blitzer and can cover the field and be physical enough to match up against big targets. 

R1P22: Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame

Don't think I need to say much, Notre Dame's line was incredible and he was a big part of that success. Plug in at RT and we take a huge step further towards protecting Andrew.

R2P36: Derrius Guice RB LSU

Physical, fast, and has vision. Love this guy as a complement to Mack

R2P53: Michael Gallup WR Colorado State

I think he can come out and be one of the best WRs to come out of this class down the line. Crisp route runner, can run after the catch too.

R2P56: Darius Leonard LB South Carolina State 

Can play inside or outside, needs improvement in coverage a tad, but he's a 3 down guy. Could add some bulk aswell.

R3P67: Rasheem Green DE USC

Had a really underrated year, lots of upside yet to be unlocked but the guy is a great pick here.

R4P104: Duke Dawson CB Florida 

Not as athletic as the other corners in the class, but is excellent at press coverage and slants, he can hit too.

R5P140: Durham Smythe TE Notre Dame

Perfect TE behind Doyle, physical blocker at the line, good hands, route running needs work.

R6P178: Olasunkanmi Adeniyi DE Toledo

Quick rusher, nice dip move, could be our Rob Mathis 2.0

21 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Free Agency

Still a top 5 defensive lineman in the league, him next to Hankins would be a great interior

Talent shows, needs to stay healthy. Would be a nice addition to the thin receiving core

Can plug into OG/C if we move Kelly to G and bring an immediate upgrade to the OL

Draft

Bills get:

#3, 221 

Colts get:

#12, #22, #53, #56

In perspective: 

Rams gave the Titans two firsts, two thirds, and two seconds to move up from #15 to #1 (Goff), +a fourth and a sixth

Eagles gave the Browns 2 firsts, a second, and a fourth to move up to #2 (Wentz) + a 4th

I think the trade is very reasonable, + if you factor in the other teams trying to trade up

Now this is a different pick, not sure if I've ever seen James be picked to the Colts.

I think he's one of the can't miss players in this draft and an instant superstar. I know we have Geathers and other needs but a Hooker/James secondary would be explosive.

He's an alpha dog, and a player you can put almost anywhere. Great blitzer and can cover the field and be physical enough to match up against big targets. 

Don't think I need to say much, Notre Dame's line was incredible and he was a big part of that success. Plug in at RT and we take a huge step further towards protecting Andrew.

I think he can come out and be one of the best WRs to come out of this class down the line. Crisp route runner, can run after the catch too.

Can play inside or outside, needs improvement in coverage a tad, but he's a 3 down guy. Could add some bulk aswell.

Had a really underrated year, lots of upside yet to be unlocked but the guy is a great pick here.

Not as athletic as the other corners in the class, but is excellent at press coverage and slants, he can hit too.

Perfect TE behind Doyle, physical blocker at the line, good hands, route running needs work.

Terrible first round

We don't need another safety. 

And rather have Wynn or Hernandez over McGlinchey. 

Other than that its pretty good - I really like Guice and Dawson. 

4 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

Terrible first round

We wouldn't need an OG with Mewhort on a prove it deal and Jenson/Kelly at the other G spot

McGlinchey is a great RT.

And I don't figure that many people would be attracted to James anyways, so I can't really say anything there

Guice is a monster

9 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

Terrible first round

Let me guess , he should have traded Luck + 3rd overall to Cleveland for the 1st overall so we could draft Josh Allen , right?

11 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Let me guess , he should have traded Luck + 3rd overall to Cleveland for the 1st overall so we could draft Josh Allen , right?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

:lol: :lol: Only if you want to win :lol::lol:

:lol:  :lol::lol: :lol: 

19 minutes ago, tvturner said:

We wouldn't need an OG with Mewhort on a prove it deal and Jenson/Kelly at the other G spot

And I don't figure that many people would be attracted to James anyways, so I can't really say anything there

Guice is a monster

What makes you think Mewhort will be healthy and Jensen is not the best option if you want to keep luck healthy.

The guards I mentioned will beat out Mewhort and Jensen and will be dominant in this league no question. 

McGlinchey gives me the chills to imagine him protecting Luck, I actually feel scared at the thought. 

Otherwise nice Mock :td:

3 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

:lol: :lol: Only if you want to win :lol::lol:

:lol:  :lol::lol: :lol: 

Why 5 on the top row and only 4 on the bottom?

Get it together man, good god.

41 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Free Agency

Draft

Bills get:

#3, 221 

Colts get:

#12, #22, #53, #56

In perspective: 

12 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Guice is a monster

I'm not a fan of the First Round and I'm not a fan of Guice at 36 also.

With all of our holes on the roster getting a Safety at 12 is not helping the team unless we always have 3 safety on the field.

At pick 12 I would prefer : Davenport Assuming that Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edwards are taken at 9 &10

At pick 22 I would Prefer: with Hernandez first choice and McGlinchey 2nd choice (You can't trust Mewhort to be a starter for a full season his knees are irreparably damaged, he would be better off as a rotational player/backup)

At pick 36 I would prefer: Vander Esch if he's available or Arden Key

Get a RB later in the second or 3rd round

6 hours ago, tvturner said:

Free Agency

Draft

Bills get:

#3, 221 

Colts get:

#12, #22, #53, #56

In perspective: 

I kind of hate to quote this whole thing but I like most of your FA moves other than paying Suh 15.5 mil over two years... Jensen is also probably going to command more money thanks to the Norwell deal.  I’ve been reading that it could take double digits.  Really not a fan of the James pick and there’s no way it happens unless the move Geathers to LB.  we don’t have the talent for luxury picks like tht. 

6 hours ago, Alex22 said:

What makes you think Mewhort will be healthy and Jensen is not the best option if you want to keep luck healthy.

The guards I mentioned will beat out Mewhort and Jensen and will be dominant in this league no question. 

McGlinchey gives me the chills to imagine him protecting Luck, I actually feel scared at the thought. 

Otherwise nice Mock :td:

Jensen is a good player I wouldn’t worry about him.  He’s and instant upgrade over Vuji or an injured Mewhort.  If Edwards and Smith are if the Baird in this situation at 12 I think we go WR.  We only have 2 on the roster and TY isn’t a true number one.