Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Derrius Guice

Saw some highlights cause I've been seeing more and more mocks having us pick him up in the 2nd. Looks like great speed to the hole. Once he see's the endzone he's got another gear. Most of the highlights i saw have him running through big holes, but some where he had to make his own he looked great. I think he would be good compliment to Mack. Don't know anything about his hands though.

Thoughts...

14 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Saw some highlights cause I've been seeing more and more mocks having us pick him up in the 2nd. Looks like great speed to the hole. Once he see's the endzone he's got another gear. Most of the highlights i saw have him running through big holes, but some where he had to make his own he looked great. I think he would be good compliment to Mack. Don't know anything about his hands though.

Thoughts...

Love him, to me he is the 2nd best RB in the Draft. He is very fast. If we pass on Barkley, my idea Free Agency/Draft would be take Chubb at #3, Guice with our Round 2 pick, and we get Norwell in Free Agency. With those 3 guys we would be killing 3 birds with 1 stone. = Pass Rusher, a RB we could pair with Mack, and a Great OG for the O.Line.

When I first started watching RB film, I heard the hype about him and walked away completely unimpressed. Found out a few days ago that his 2017 season wasn't a great representation of his ability due to injuries. Watched his 2016 tape and I get the hype...

7 minutes ago, Shive said:

When I first started watching RB film, I heard the hype about him and walked away completely unimpressed. Found out a few days ago that his 2017 season wasn't a great representation of his ability due to injuries. Watched his 2016 tape and I get the hype...

He's not Barkley but I think he will be a good one.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's not Barkley but I think he will be a good one.

Agreed. If we can't get him, I think Sony Michel may be the next best bet. He'd be a great thunder to Mack's lightning. I also really like what I've seen from Ronald Jones, but he may be too similar to Mack in terms of skill-set.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chubb gained 118 more yards than Michel but Michel's 7.9 a carry is unreal. Chubb averaged 6.0 which isn't nothing sneeze at either. I think Michel is a tad quicker. 

Agreed. If Chubb can get back some of the explosiveness he had pre-injury, I think he could be a REALLY good RB. My only concern there is that it's been 2 years, so this is probably what you'll get, which is still a solid RB.

I'd take Ronald Jones II and Sony Mitchel over him myself personally. 

Wasn't too high on Sony initially, but I thought back on how I wasn't high on Tevin Coleman and Alvin Kamara at the time and I changed my opinion after watching him again. His pass blocking might be the best in the draft.

2 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'd take Ronald Jones II and Sony Mitchel over him myself personally. 

Wasn't too high on Sony initially, but I thought back on how I wasn't high on Tevin Coleman and Alvin Kamara at the time and I changed my opinion after watching him again. His pass blocking might be the best in the draft.

I was in the same spot originally, but I realized Jones just wouldn't be a good fit to pair with Mack since their such similar backs, but Sony is a very good RB. I wasn't a big fan of Guice, but after watching his 2016 film, I got the hype. If he tests well and displays the explosiveness he did pre-injury, I think he's the 2nd best RB besides Barkley.

I have Guice as a first round back.   Only he and Barkley, no one else.

But he could slip to the top of the second...

For my money,  Michel is the clear third RB in this class..   also a top of the second guy.

After these three,  I think the rankings are much less clear right now and depend, in part, on what you're looking for...  a complimentary back like Jones, or a between the tackles guy like Chubb or Freeman?

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I have Guice as a first round back.   Only he and Barkley, no one else.

But he could slip to the top of the second...

For my money,  Michel is the clear third RB in this class..   also a top of the second guy.

After these three,  I think the rankings are much less clear right now and depend, in part, on what you're looking for...  a complimentary back like Jones, or a between the tackles guy like Chubb or Freeman?

What are your thoughts on Rashaad Penny, and what round do you project he’ll be drafted? 

51 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I love Penny...   found him in September when he played Stanford....

Everything I read says Day 2...   I just don't know if he's a round 2 or round 3 guy...    my hunch says R3...

Round 3 is what I say for Penny. Maybe round 4 since there's a lot of backs.

With the success of so many running backs in the last couple of drafts I don't think teams will wait until the mid rounds to draft the running backs.  I think we will see the top five or six all go in the 1st two rounds.  And we will take one if we don't sign Carlos Hyde. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I love Penny...   found him in September when he played Stanford....

Everything I read says Day 2...   I just don't know if he's a round 2 or round 3 guy...    my hunch says R3...

I’m interested to see how he tests. He doesn’t look like he has that initial burst or speed but no one ever runs him down. Very deceiving speed I suspect. He ran through a lot of big holes so I do question that part but if I could land Chubb in 1st and a road grader lineman in the second I would feel a whole lot better about a runner in the 3rd or 4th.