Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday On Nfl Network

supremecoltsfan300

I'm sure if he is a better RT than LT, that's where he would have played......well unless our coaches last season really were so bad to have missed such an obvious skill-set....

The other aspect is that Castanzo was drafted with Peyton in mind as QB, not Painter :). So, Luck, like Peyton, could make the O-line look better than they are with his movement inside the pocket/outside the pocket. Charlie Johnson was effective but by no means an outstanding LT and I do think the ceiling with Castanzo is high enough to warrant him getting year 2 under his belt as LT at least.

I like the trend though - Glenn first in 1997, Peyton next in 1998. Hopefully Castanzo in 2011 and Luck in 2012 keeps that winning tradition going. :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back but not with the Colts. READ what I wrote!

Its debatable that he offered a discount to anyone, so yeah that report was just a rumor.

As far as Saturdays interview goes, nothing indicated he wont be back with the colts, Saturday just said he will be back, he just didn't mention a team. Literally all you can take from Saturday is Manning will be back in 2012.

Its debatable that he offered a discount to anyone, so yeah that report was just a rumor.

As far as Saturdays interview goes, nothing indicated he wont be back with the colts, Saturday just said he will be back, he just didn't mention a team. Literally all you can take from Saturday is Manning will be back in 2012.

That's what I heard....

Jeff S. in no way said that Peyton manning would play for the Colts in 2012.

he said..without question..he would play...

I think Jim would have been way better than he was if he would have had a front line that could have kept him upright and given him a little time to throw instead of having to scramble all over the field on every play. I honestly think that we shortened his playing career by at least a couple of years because of all the punishment he took.

How Ironic. PM has had three (or 4) neck surgeries because we didn't draft him an adequet front line....and now here we are.

another thing that caught my attention..w.as that mayock said that he saw Castonzo more of a RT and Ijalana more of a Lt...

Saturday agreed. he said castonzo is a little more stiff, like a RT and that Ijalana can sometimes be moved to this awkward positions but that he does something athletic to regain his ground and not lose. he agreed that that might be a consideration for next year... ijalana at LT and castonzo at RT.

Intrusting I was kind thinking the same thing! :dunno: