Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sean Spence At No.65?

What do you guys think of Sean Spence, OLB, Miami, at No.65????

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1619691/sean-spence

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2710

If we are letting go of Brackett, wouldn't it be wise to get a good coverage LB like Sean Spence? I am not sold on Wheeler's coverage abilities still on the outside.

Can Sean Spence translate to a good weakside LB in a 3-4/4-3 hybrid? Thoughts???

What do you guys think of Sean Spence, OLB, Miami, at No.65????

http://www.cbssports...691/sean-spence

http://www.fftoolbox...rospect_id=2710

If we are letting go of Brackett, wouldn't it be wise to get a good coverage LB like Sean Spence? I am not sold on Wheeler's coverage abilities still on the outside.

Can Sean Spence translate to a good weakside LB in a 3-4/4-3 hybrid? Thoughts???

If your not sold on Wheeler's coverage abilities, then what are you on Kavell Conner's coverage abilities. Wheeler is better in coverage than Conner...

Anyways, this is another pick from my drafts, except I picked him in the 4th round. I'm not sure what number that is, but that would seem like a good spot to get good value for him. I'm not sure where he is projected to go though.

I like Wheeler's coverage ability quite a bit. He's also probably our most versatile LB. He can rush the passer, set the edge, and play coverage with just about anyone. Spence is more of a Cover 2 LB so with us pulling a switcheroo from that scheme, supposedly, he wouldn't be a good fit.

I like an ILB combo of Conner and Angerer. Both guys are as sure of tacklers as they come, although I'd like to see them improve their coverage ability.

Nigel Bradham can play any OLB spot in the 4-3, he is amazing in coverage, and lays serious lumber on his hits! He can also play either ILB spot in the 3-4 or a coverage OLB. The Colts need him!

I know Bradham is rated late round 3 to round 4, could he be picked at No.65 like Angerer was picked a round tad too early? I personally do not think that would be a reach. How about you?

I know Bradham is rated late round 3 to round 4, could he be picked at No.65 like Angerer was picked a round tad too early? I personally do not think that would be a reach. How about you?

Agreed, in my mocks I take him in the fourth if he is still there. But Bradham is the only real LB the Colts need. He is big and athletic, he can do the 4-3 or 3-4. Spence is just too small..

Agreed, in my mocks I take him in the fourth if he is still there. But Bradham is the only real LB the Colts need. He is big and athletic, he can do the 4-3 or 3-4. Spence is just too small..

Only thing with Bradham is that he has a bad rep of being a dirty player, and that has hurt Vontaze Burfict's stock so I'd imagine it would hurt Bradham too.

Only thing with Bradham is that he has a bad rep of being a dirty player, and that has hurt Vontaze Burfict's stock so I'd imagine it would hurt Bradham too.

That's crazy I never heard that, certainly he is nowhere near Butficts level. Good maybe that drops him even later!

That's crazy I never heard that, certainly he is nowhere near Butficts level. Good maybe that drops him even later!

Yeah last year in the Seminoles vs Hurricanes game Bradham laid out LaRon Byrd and injured him, he was ejected, and he said he hopes he's not labeled as a dirty player.

Well that hardly sounds like a Burfict-type guy.

I mean if he said 'I hope I ended his career' that would raise a red flag for me.

Well he still has a bad rep that's just one example, I heard he's got penalized for late hits before. I personally don't think he's dirty.