Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LA (San Diego ) Chargers (+5) at Jacksonville (11-12-17)

oldunclemark

1 p.m. EST....Andrew Catalan and James Lofton on CBS...

at the EverBank Field?? in Jacksonville

Low 70s with a chance of rain..over-under at 41

What kind of name is 'EverBank' Field ??

Than again, what kind of name is the Los Angeles Chargers?  Nobody wants them there. They might as well be on the road with QB Phillip Rivers 173 of 286, 2028 yards, 13 TDs, 6 INTs)

mixing the pass with RB Melvin Gordon (131 carries, 526 yards).

SD coach Anthony Lynn gave his team the entire bye week off. No practices at all.

Jacksonville has held five teams to 10 points or less and free agent tackle Calais Campbell (who so many said was too expensive and not worth it for a team that wasnt going to contend) has 11 quarterback sacks.

QB Blake Bortles has thrown the ball 130 times (16.3) in eight games so its hard for him to lose the game for the Jaguars/,.

IF RB Leonard Fournette (130 carries, 596 yards) can show up to practice on time he'll play after the bye week

With the collapse at the top of the AFC West, this is a big game for the Chargers, who have won 3 of their last 4.

I'm uncomfortable with giving the Jax boys more than 3 points here.

..Take SD with 5 and take the over

How did the Chargers blow this? I watched it and can't even figure out how. It won't get repeated but they played New York Giants last week level football as far as discipline and fundamentals. Rivers knew it to, that's why he tried to Favre it in OT. They were going to give that game away at the end 1 way or another, no matter how bizarre 

14 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

How did the Chargers blow this? I watched it and can't even figure out how. It won't get repeated but they played New York Giants last week level football as far as discipline and fundamentals. Rivers knew it to, that's why he tried to Favre it in OT. They were going to give that game away at the end 1 way or another, no matter how bizarre 

IMO, after the interception by Boston, instead of running upfield, he decided to showboat, stretched his arms out wide and ran out of bounds around the 11 yard line.  The Chargers ran it 3 times, punted and gave the Jags decent field position.  Not that one play makes or breaks a game, Boston had plenty of room to run, but decided to make it about him.

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

IMO, after the interception by Boston, instead of running upfield, he decided to showboat, stretched his arms out wide and ran out of bounds around the 11 yard line.  The Chargers ran it 3 times, punted and gave the Jags decent field position.  Not that one play makes or breaks a game, Boston had plenty of room to run, but decided to make it about him.

That was definitely eqaually as stupid as the 90 goofs that followed. I mean I thought it was over then to, but instead they blew it and topped it every time with every goof! 

18 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Jax survives 20-17..a partially blocked FG

That kick should not have happened. The Jaguars had a chance to win it in the fourth quarter. I expected Jacksonville to score a TD off its fumble recovery. because of field position. Then when Philip Rivers threw his second interception I thought the Jaguars would score a TD off of it. But a win is a win and revenge is sweet.