Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Vontae Davis headed for season-ending surgery

MTC

Keep in mind,  Vontae came from Miami to the Colts via trade.... he wasnt liking playing down there.  The Head coach for whom he played for just so happens to be our new OL coach.  The last two seasons, Vontae has played like crap.  Connection or conspiracy?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It's different with a QB at the top of the draft, vs a WR on Day 2, but Ballard doesn't seem like the type to panic or lurch, for better or worse, no matter how much they like/want/need a guy. If he was okay with sweating it out for Richardson, then I can see him being fine with whatever happened between #46 and #52.    What I think is obvious is that no matter how much the Colts liked AD, they didn't view him as a sure thing, must have prospect. Otherwise, maybe they trade up, but they definitely don't trade back with him still on the board. If you're okay with the character stuff at #52, you're okay with it at #46. They traded back because they were okay with however it went.   And if AD had been gone at #52, they would have drafted someone else, or traded back again and then drafted someone else, and Ballard probably would have said the same thing about whoever got drafted as he did about AD -- we were lucky he was still there, we really liked him, etc. 
    • Well, I'm a happy camper.  For the first time in 8 drafts, we have what looks to be a near-elite QB, LT, and EDGE on board now than at anytime since.  Sure things may not work out with individual players, but these are the best young prospects...taken with proper capital....that I can remember since we had an older Luck, AC, and Mathis.     And now the WR room also looks like it should, compared to what it looked like during the Rivers/Wentz/Ryan years.  OMG.   As I said.  I'm finally a happy camper in terms of structure.  Now lets see the wins....and I'll have some patience since those guys are young.
    • I think LB is definitely diminished, but I don't think we have enough info on this to know just how much it's diminished in the eyes of the Colts. It would be interesting to hear Ballard talk about it, but none of us are in the press room. The way the board fell, I thought maybe there was a chance that Edgerrin Cooper would be the pick at #46, but the Packers took him at #45.    I also think each draft has it's own strengths and weaknesses, and the way the draft goes can dictate how you allocate resources. So Ballard not taking a LB on Day 2 doesn't mean he doesn't view the position as worthy of Day 2 investment. However, the Colts have not taken a LB type on Day 2 since 2019; maybe that's because they had a nice stable of guys already, maybe it's because they view the position as devalued, maybe both? Not sure.   Another thing, if they are looking more for hybrid S/LB types to play Mike/Will in this defense, then that probably takes a premium off those players in the draft. Tweener types that other teams view as too slow to play safety, too small to play LB, those are Day 3 prospects. And maybe there's a market inefficiency there, if you can identify and convert the right guys. We'll see how it works. The fact that Richard Smith and Cato June are running the LB room makes me think there might be something to it.   Carlies: 6'2 5/8", 227 pounds, 34.25" arms, 4.5 forty, 1.56 10 yard split, 32.5" vertical, 10'5" broad, RAS 9.53, drafted at #151 Cooper: 6'1 1/8", 230 pounds, 34" arms, 4.51 forty, 1.54 10 yard split, 34.5" vertical, 9'1" broad, RAS 9.34, drafted at #45   Very similar athletic profiles, one was available 100 picks later. Doesn't mean Carlies is as good of a prospect as Cooper, but for a team that loves traits anyways, it's an interesting way to try to maximize some value at a position that is viewed as less premium, but still important in this defensive scheme. 
    • Talk about a golden opportunity squandered. Race out to a 10 point lead and then let them come back and blow us out because we can’t try any harder than we did to score when the 3s stop falling. Just absolutely ridiculous. Lillard is going to be back Thursday in all likelihood, and there’s no good spin on that.   We’re * around now, and we’re gonna find out if we let it go to Saturday. 
    • That's fair.  I'd probably change my mind if it was another great.   I do like what dallas does with 88 but it is risky.   the player has to be exceptional.
  • Members

• PRnum1

PRnum1 3,123

• C_Lew

C_Lew 176

• stitches

stitches 19,719

• Kc77

Kc77 3

Rookie
    • bellevuecolt

bellevuecolt 0