Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jabaal Sheard

AKB

I know Ballard is everyone's favorite person right now, but I have to say one thing. 

I think Jabaal Sheard is out of place on our defense. 

Nope, I'm not an expert. Nope I didn't watch his tape from NE. 

But, I don't like the signing. And I have a really strong feeling that he won't contribute his contract's worth. 

---> Yes I know his contract is front loaded, yes I know we are not in a win now mind set. I STILL don't like the signing. 

I know Ballard is everyone's favorite person right now, but I have to say one thing. 

I think Jabaal Sheard is out of place in our defense. 

Nope, I'm not an expert. Nope I didn't watch his tape from NE. 

But, I don't like the signing. And I have a really strong feeling that he won't contribute his contract's worth. 

---> Yes I know his contract is front loaded, yes I know we are not in a win now mind set. I STILL don't like the signing. 

Sheard has been in this exact defense before under Mike Pettine in Cleveland. He should do alright. Hes not your typical speed rusher though. Hes more of a power guy. I'm not enamoured with him either but he does typically get around 8 sacks per year. He can also be used as an inside rusher from DT. I think he will sort of be like Pernell Mcphee. Looks like we might be the first ones to get something out of Barkevious Mingo. I'm excited to see what KiKi does this year

Jabaal Sheard is an Erik Walden clone, and just like Walden he probably won't get much respect from the average fan. 

They're both Edge setters and built similar. Hell, they even wear the same number. One huge difference; about 4 years.

It might not always show on the stats, but we are a much better team with Sheard than without him. 

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Jabaal Sheard is an Erik Walden clone, and just like Walden he probably won't get much respect from the average fan. 

They're both Edge setters and built similar. Hell, they even wear the same number. One huge difference; about 4 years.

It might not always show on the stats, but we are a much better team with Sheard than without him. 

This^

seriously, wth is with all the doom and gloom in this forum?! This has by far been the worst I've seen it in years. Relax people

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

This^

seriously, wth is with all the doom and gloom in this forum?! This has by far been the worst I've seen it in years. Relax people

It seems to just be a few people and they're the usual "gloom and doomers" so I wouldn't be too concerned.