Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

About Those Dorsett Rumors

Dark Superman

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

This is where we disagree the most. I don't think Ragland is a fit for today's NFL, he is limited in space, doesn't have great range, and can't cover. That's before the ACL. It's a hard pass for me, I don't want Ragland at all. 

And both he and Morrison are Mike linebacker prospects. They would be the slowest, stiffest ILB tandem in the league, IMO. To me, it's one or the other, and I don't see what Ragland does better than Morrison. He's bigger, and that's basically it. Oh, and he played at Alabama, which is kind of his only saving grace. 

Moot.  He's at KC now.  

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yup. I'm glad for that. Would you have given up a conditional 4th for him?

It was in 19, so yeah.  Conditional being the key.  

He was first round talent, but a bad run of injuries did him in.  Big IF, but if he can get healthy and play like predicted, heck yeah.  A 4th in two years is a steal.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

It was in 19, so yeah.  Conditional being the key.  

He was first round talent, but a bad run of injuries did him in.  Big IF, but if he can get healthy and play like predicted, heck yeah.  A 4th in two years is a steal.

I didn't realize it was in 2019. I wonder what the conditions are; I was thinking it's if he makes the 53, but that's weird if it's a 2019 pick. 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I didn't realize it was in 2019. I wonder what the conditions are; I was thinking it's if he makes the 53, but that's weird if it's a 2019 pick. 

Yeah, I was guessing he had to make the team this year and next.  If so, it's very little risk for KC.  

Buffalo is having a fire sale.  I wonder who's next?

Just now, Smonroe said:

Yeah, I was guessing he had to make the team this year and next.  If so, it's very little risk for KC.  

Buffalo is having a fire sale.  I wonder who's next?

I don't see it as a fire sale. New GM gets rid of players the old GM drafted, brings in players he likes better. They took Ronald Darby, Sammy Watkins, Reggie Ragland and 2018 6th rounder, and turned them into EJ Gaines, Jordan Matthews, a 2018 2nd rounder, a 2018 3rd rounder, and a 2019 4th rounder. That's a really good return, IMO. Darby isn't that much better than Gaines, I personally like Matthews better than Watkins, and I don't like Ragland. 

I like these moves. They aren't suddenly division contenders, but they got good players back, and added good draft picks.