Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trevor Siemian

oldunclemark

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Elway will always be more loved in Denver I agree. I also agree Denver's Defense carried them in 2015, having said that Denver would not of won the SB without Peyton. They would've never beat the Pats. Peyton's presence was needed in that game. Look at how Denver is doing now without Peyton. I would almost bet they go 8-8 this season and they still have a great Defense.

Yep. Their offense is about as inept as our Tolzien led offense. I think what many Denver fans are realizing is even when Peyton was falling apart that last year his affect on his teammates around him...the teaching he had done and the standard he set for them from coming in was a big part of getting that team ready to be a winner. We saw a team without a leader there last year...they looked lost....and this year isn't looking any better so far. Part of it was Kubiaks offense I think was not very good (I think our Houston fans can attest to that)....and the other part is that these young guys combined with a very very poor offensive line doesn't give them the time or protection to move through their progressions....where as Peyton knew where he wanted to go with it quickly...but was getting so old he couldn't make the throws he wanted to make. 

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree 100%. People can say look at his Stats or it was his Defense but he actually played a solid game vs the Pats which was needed. Brock or anyone else on that Roster would not of beat the Pats and anyone knows that, that knows Football. I predicted Denver would miss the Playoffs last season and got it right, but yet they had the same dominant Defense. Funny huh.

Brock beating the Pats in the Regular Season isn't the same so I don't even want to hear that. He would've got beat badly in a Title Game against Bill Belichick.

His passer rating was over 90 for the Pats game. Actually his two best games during his SB runs were against the Pats.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep. Their offense is about as inept as our Tolzien led offense. I think what many Denver fans are realizing is even when Peyton was falling apart that last year his affect on his teammates around him...the teaching he had done and the standard he set for them from coming in was a big part of getting that team ready to be a winner. We saw a team without a leader there last year...they looked lost....and this year isn't looking any better so far. Part of it was Kubiaks offense I think was not very good (I think our Houston fans can attest to that)....and the other part is that these young guys combined with a very very poor offensive line doesn't give them the time or protection to move through their progressions....where as Peyton knew where he wanted to go with it quickly...but was getting so old he couldn't make the throws he wanted to make. 

Yep. It's Peyton's Leadership and Presence that some don't seem to grasp. He also has Belichick's respect, maybe the only player in the league Belichick ever feared. Without him they just dont beat the Pats with Brock and I am 100% convinced of that.