Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Tarell Basham, Edge, Ohio

ColtsArmy84

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

His love for the deep ball...?

Forced to get rid of it....?

Huge retool of his preferred throwing mentality....?

Three ridiculous observations in one post!   It can only mean BBZ is back in business?

NONE of those things are true!   Lol..

Luck did what he was told...  the head coach was a believer in chunk plays...   and he had the OCs to run that...   Arians, Pep and Chud.

Luck wasn't a Mad Bomber in college or high school.   Funny how that works.

Luck will have no problem with this new offense.  The problem will likely be rust from not throwing for so long.   He'll need reps to get comfortable.   Will his arm allow him to do that?   Otherwise, the offense should be easy for him.

Don't overthink this....

A QB does what he is told .... even Brady and 18 do .... although they get more freedom but that’s mostly to change it at the LOS. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, J@son said:

that's NOT what you said.  you said, 

and that ^ is what people were arguing against.  Try keeping your story straight :P

thats the same thing man:headspin:

if luck retires in a few years due to injuries and we are building slowly, then the team wont be any good by then 

not sure why i had to spell that out for you 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

8 sacks as a rotational piece in NE that started 1 game that year... Take your blinders off.

so 2.5 more than he had last year is his career high

i dont get why you think hes going to break out at this point. he is what he is, stop being such a homer.  putting him next to ridgeway or anyone else isnt going to make his numbers go way up 

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

thats the same thing man:headspin:

if luck retires in a few years due to injuries and we are building slowly, then the team wont be any good by then 

not sure why i had to spell that out for you 

:wall:

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

i dont get why you think hes going to break out at this point. he is what he is, stop being such a homer.  putting him next to ridgeway or anyone else isnt going to make his numbers go way up 

You are a pessimist who thinks he is a realist, which is very optimistic of you. 

1 minute ago, LockeDown said:

You are a pessimist who thinks he is a realist, which is very optimistic of you. 

its not pessimistic

im just not being a homer full of blind optimism.  ask other fans around the league if its reasonable to think luck might retire early due to injuries 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

its not pessimistic

im just not being a homer full of blind optimism.  ask other fans around the league if its reasonable to think luck might retire early due to injuries 

Ah, so you believe those people? That's your problem right there.  They don't know jack squat about Luck. You have been privy to more info on Luck just by being on these boards than they have.  Their info comes from rumors and unsubstantiated reports. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Ah, so you believe those people? That's your problem right there.  They don't know jack squat about Luck. You have been privy to more info on Luck just by being on these boards than they have.  Their info comes from rumors and unsubstantiated reports. 

And NFL Network who did a mock draft and had the Colts picks at 36 47 & 49 instead of the correct picks

I’ll never understand how the official network of the NFL doesn’t know about its own teams

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

He's being put in his natural position. I'm not saying he's going to be all-pro next year dude. I'm saying he could very well perform a lot better in the same type of defense he had good numbers as a rotational piece in NE. 

We aren't blind Homer's. We are realistic and understand there is some darn good football players on this roster and have high hopes for this draft. You act like the roster is in shambles and will take years to build. Many of us disagree. 

When it comes to Luck, it doesnt matter if he is retiring in two years, it doesnt change the roster rebuild. Even if we were able to bring all big Free agents in this year (news flash: they weren't ever coming here) we would be starting all over in a few years and doing it the proper way. No one wants a hit and miss roster/organization. Consistent and methodical. 

Basham came in at 269 lbs., he's now listed at 266.

I expect to see them trim a little more muscle bulk off of him to aid his natural speed and to help improve his bend angle at the top. Mathis played at 255 and I expect they'd like to get Basham closer to 260 in this speed based 4-3 defense.

• Like 2