Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which receiver will redskins resign?

Colts1324

They'll sign Desean, he plays the deep role receiver, and Crowder is more of a mini Garcon that is a possession receiver. With Jordan Reed as a pass catching TE, they'll be fine off and can afford to lose Garcon. Don't forget they also have Doctson, who had a season ending injury this year. Garcon is absolutely replaceable.

6 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Yeah I see that. But to me, Garçon will be a few million cheaper and has done well this season. We will see. 

He's not the home run hitter Jackson is though. They can replace Garçons production relatively easily, but they don't have another proven threat like Jackson

51 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

They'll sign Desean, he plays the deep role receiver, and Crowder is more of a mini Garcon that is a possession receiver. With Jordan Reed as a pass catching TE, they'll be fine off and can afford to lose Garcon. Don't forget they also have Doctson, who had a season ending injury this year. Garcon is absolutely replaceable.

I actually forgot about Doctson. If they resign Desean. I see Garçon going to Tennessee possibly. 

Some Eagles fans I know mentioned that Jackson seems to be interested in going back to Philly. He has kept in touch with the team and is friends with some of the players, so it's not out of the question for him to go the Eagles. I don't know for sure what will  happen.

14 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Some Eagles fans I know mentioned that Jackson seems to be interested in going back to Philly. He has kept in touch with the team and is friends with some of the players, so it's not out of the question for him to go the Eagles. I don't know for sure what will  happen.

I saw that too. They have been lacking a No. 1 receiver, or any good wide receiver really ever since he left. I could see it personally. Redskins don't have a lot of cap either with Cousins deal looming and that huge Norman contract. 

On 1/2/2017 at 1:34 AM, BPindy said:

He's not the home run hitter Jackson is though. They can replace Garçons production relatively easily, but they don't have another proven threat like Jackson

Exactly!!! That is why I want us to go after Garcon if he becomes available, would be a very good underneath option. However, if our TEs develop like they should and we draft an RB that can catch passes well, we should be in business.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Exactly!!! That is why I want us to go after Garcon if he becomes available, would be a very good underneath option. However, if our TEs develop like they should and we draft an RB that can catch passes well, we should be in business.

If we signed Garçon, we would likely trade Moncrief. If we could get a 3rd or better for Moncrief that wouldn't be a bad idea. I'd be all for it. Although Moncrief's ceiling is a lot higher. We know what we are getting with Garçon.