Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Atlanta (+5) @ Denver (10-9-16)

oldunclemark

Chris Myers, John Lynch and Pam Oliver  on CBS

4 p.m,. EST...  mid-70s and sunny...over-under 47

Great matchup of the NFL's top-ranked offense against Denver's top-rated scoring defense

Falcon QB Matt Ryan has completed 72.1 % (No. 1 in the NFL) of his passes: 101 of 140, for 1,473 yards (No.1 in the NFL) with 11 Tds and just 2 interceptions.

WR Julio Jones (has caught 22 for 488 yards (No,.1 in the NFL)

Matt Ryan has been sacked nine times in 4 games

Atlanta (3-1) has scored 152 points (No. 1 in the NFL) but has allowed 124 (31 per game)

Falcon RB Devonta Freeman (55 rushes, 322 yards) may not be able to play because of the altitude. he has sickle cell disease

Denver will go without DeMarcus Ware, CB Kavon Webster and OT - Donald Stephenson but injured QB Trevor Siemian (68 of 101, 824 yards, 6 Tds 3 interceptions) will play

Denver has 17 QB sacks, No,1 in the NFL

Denver is averaging just 3.7 yards per rush.....Emmanuel Sanders (25 catches, 293 yards) has 3 TDs in 4 games

CB Aqib Talib has 3 interceptions in 4 games..

Its hard to give Atlanta 5 points in this one ....because the falcons can easily cover late even if they don't win.

But its hard to go 'over' because Denver can shut people down.

I'd run away from this one .....its not predictable

I agree very unpredictable game! Lynch at QB and Matty Ice and Julio Jones are on fire but that Denver Defense is still the best. I think Denver wins something like 23-20 but will get a Defensive TD to help their cause. I cant see them losing at home. The over/under is 47 oddly enough and my prediction put my point total at 43.

for the record, Denver isn't the No,1 scoring defense..obviously Minnesota is..

CBE..I think the Broncos are better with Lynch.... ....better arm..faster runner...

..at home where the crowd will ,be with him..against an Atlanta  defense that's less than awesome.

this will go well for Denver unless Lynch gets hurt . too///THey don't want to go to the No.3 guy

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

for the record, Denver isn't the No,1 scoring defense..obviously Minnesota is..

CBE..I think the Broncos are better with Lynch.... ....better arm..faster runner...

..at home where the crowd will ,be with him..against an Atlanta  defense that's less than awesome.

this will go well for Denver unless Lynch gets hurt . too///THey don't want to go to the No.3 guy

Statistically they aren't the best but I think they have the best Defense. Minnesota is right there though. Denver will have their work cut out for them today. Atlanta is on fire but I think Denver will find a way to get the W.

Denver's secondary only plays one way...close coverage..daring you to go deep..

............and they don't care what side of the field your big-time WR is...

Atlanta....that's what they want to do...

...the ball is gong to Julio Jones 10-15 times.........

that's what makes this a good matchup

The surprise may be how many time Paxton Lynch throws..the ball....

Logic says you run the ball and keep Julio off the field....

..but at home....in good weather.....this may end up a shootout

The jury is out on Lynch. Only his first start after all.

That being said, even though he makes a colossal gaffe or two every game Siemian seems a better option of he gets healthy.

if the defense can buckle down/generate some turnovers and the offense does something...not stupid... they could still win this, but running out of time. That D will have to carry that team hard again this season. I don't think they're a tsunami of death like they were last year, but the offense is a bit improved. (Not saying much, but it's been decent all year until tonight as opposed to god awful like last year.)

26 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

True, Moose,..

.....He's looking like a rookie.....very nervous..shaky footwork

...but he;s got great talent...he just was scared today..throwing high..not running when the chance was there..

Holding the ball with one hand..

They'll coach him up

Unfortunately those cupcakes won't bake themselves, so that option has hung 'em up for good.

In the meantime, hopefully monkey man can come back sooner rather than later. Again he's made some big mistakes, but he seems to have a LOT of luck on his side. He's had two pick sixes this season not returned on pure fluke. (One easy drop INT, the other a partial runback where the returner fell down/injured without contact.) He's also had several throws aside from those that he got away with. Again, just lucky. So far at least.

11 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Eeeeeeuuuuhhh...there wasn't exactly a difference between today's quarterback play and this time last year's lol

Not today..BC..

There was BIG difference....in the confidence and the control at the line...

You could realy see today what the QB does that isn't ion stats....Siemian is more advanced than Lynch

..and your man the Sherrif took his team to the Bowl....and took home the gold.

Remember..you cheered him on!

7 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Trying to hard man...the only difference was the defense forced 1 turnover instead of 4. That just doesn't get it done with the level of quarterback play they have in Denver lol! 

No..I watched most of it..it was the confidence level of the offense..

Paxton didn't seem in control

The guy they had out there today doesnt win 3 playoff games

You got to understand what the QB does....I know you do

The Broncos were forced to play a backup RT and it pretty much ruined any hope Paxton had of getting comfortable. I lost count of how many sacks he gave up. 

This was a similar scene to last year with the Broncos. Neither Manning nor Osweiler could get comfortable when last years RT was getting his butt whooped in similar fashion to today. You would have to think Kubiak would have something up his sleeve to at least try to offset such terrible OL play but he didn't last year and he didn't today. 

If they had Stephenson then I suspect the Broncos win that game by a hair, even with Lynch. 

On 10/9/2016 at 4:08 PM, jvan1973 said:

Bert just throws things against the wall and hope it sticks.   He says the pats won't make the playoffs

you have issues,man lol

I'm an intelligent 51 year old man.

I've watched football since I was 15, I'll let you know when I'm throwing stuff against walls.

I dont fall for hype like most people seem to. It was all too obvious to me that Falcons were winning.

Just because someone is referred to as an underdog doesnt mean I think so. Mine is the only opinion that matters.

I picked Atlanta to make the playoffs in the first place. They are going to average 30 points a game.

so of course I picked them to win.

On 10/9/2016 at 4:44 PM, jvan1973 said:

That's what he said a few weeks ago

On 10/9/2016 at 4:16 PM, Moose Of Woe said:

...Seriously, what?

do you guys worship Brady or something?

I might get 4 of my 12 playoff team picks wrong and that will be fine because no one else will get 8 right.

lets suppose the Pats make the playoffs. I picked them not to because I know even if they get there,they wont get to the SB anyway. I may as well eliminate them.

when you are jock and you age,you cant be good forever. Its been 15 years,the odds are in my favor of Brady losing his touch or getting injured before the season ends.

its sad when thinking for yourself and not like the majority, freaks everyone out. It means I'm obviously doing something right.

26 minutes ago, BertJones said:

I might get 4 of my 12 playoff team picks wrong and that will be fine because no one else will get 8 right.

lets suppose the Pats make the playoffs. I picked them not to because I know even if they get there,they wont get to the SB anyway. I may as well eliminate them.

when you are jock and you age,you cant be good forever. Its been 15 years,the odds are in my favor of Brady losing his touch or getting injured before the season ends.

its sad when thinking for yourself and not like the majority, freaks everyone out. It means I'm obviously doing something right.

Predictions are a crap shoot in reality. I picked the Broncos to win the SB before last season even started in here and I nailed it. It was my year to be lucky. I wish I could've went to Vegas and put money on that I would've made a killing. They weren't even favored before the season, not only that they weren't favored vs the Pats or Panthers either and I was pretty sure they would win. I think where the Broncos will really miss Peyton is in the Playoffs this season. I thought he played well vs the Steelers and Patriots. He played poorly in the SB but without him they don't get by the Patriots, Brock Osweiler would've lost against the Pats in a Title Game situation IMO. I picked the Packers before this season started and still feel good about it eventhough the Vikings are 5-0. Vikings still have to go to Lambeau. I also picked the Colts win the Division this season so we will see where that goes? Just haven't been sold on the Jags, Titans, or Brock. Jags beat us (barely) but still have to come to Indy and play so we will see.

1 hour ago, BertJones said:

Can you link me to your post of this years playoff teams that you made before the season

13 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Can you link me to your post of this years playoff teams that you made before the season

your quote in regards to mine

You're crazy if you think the Panthers aren't at the very least 9-7.  They have a solid team top to bottom and get their number one WR back.   The Texans will also be above .500