Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where to buy?

SteelCityColt

I apologise that this is only very loosely related to Colts football....

Since we drafted TJ Green I've been relishing the chance (finally) to have "my" name on the back of a Colts jersey, previously not possible due to the rather arbitrary rules concerning customising jerseys. Throwing caution the to wind, while simultaneously praying he's not a bust who's rode out of town in the next few years I finally got around to trying to purchase.

Being that he's not a big name player (yet :P) the only route to get a #32 jersey is to go down the custom route which from the off limits the retailors you can use, and this is where I hit a small issue. NFL Europe our totally out of stock of my jersey size for ALL Colts jerseys. A enquiry to them was met with "No we don't have stock and don't have any idea if we are replenishing." Not exactly helpful. I looked at the NFL main site but I object to paying almost twice the money for the same product from the same company just because they can't shuffle some stock across the pond. You'd think they'd make sure they were well stocked for the teams visiting the UK this year.

I then looked at the Coltspro shop, who don't ship to the UK, but I did email them to explain the situation and see if they could recommend anything. No reply.

I got desperate and tweeted Jim.. No reply. Maybe I should have phrased my question as a song lyric.

So fellow forum members, especially those in the UK/Europe, any ideas on where I can get a #32 Colts Blue Jersey in small that's not a Chinese copy or involves paying nearly $100 to import it. I guess I might just have to go with my classic white Reebok #87 for Oct 2nd instead.  

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

I apologise that this is only very loosely related to Colts football....

Since we drafted TJ Green I've been relishing the chance (finally) to have "my" name on the back of a Colts jersey, previously not possible due to the rather arbitrary rules concerning customising jerseys. Throwing caution the to wind, while simultaneously praying he's not a bust who's rode out of town in the next few years I finally got around to trying to purchase.

Being that he's not a big name player (yet :P) the only route to get a #32 jersey is to go down the custom route which from the off limits the retailors you can use, and this is where I hit a small issue. NFL Europe our totally out of stock of my jersey size for ALL Colts jerseys. A enquiry to them was met with "No we don't have stock and don't have any idea if we are replenishing." Not exactly helpful. I looked at the NFL main site but I object to paying almost twice the money for the same product from the same company just because they can't shuffle some stock across the pond. You'd think they'd make sure they were well stocked for the teams visiting the UK this year.

I then looked at the Coltspro shop, who don't ship to the UK, but I did email them to explain the situation and see if they could recommend anything. No reply.

I got desperate and tweeted Jim.. No reply. Maybe I should have phrased my question as a song lyric.

So fellow forum members, especially those in the UK/Europe, any ideas on where I can get a #32 Colts Blue Jersey in small that's not a Chinese copy or involves paying nearly $100 to import it. I guess I might just have to go with my classic white Reebok #87 for Oct 2nd instead.  

Easy. Make a weekend trip out of it. Fly in for a game, buy a jersey at the pros shop while here, then fly home. Flight tix are cheap aren't they? lol

6 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

The normal nfl shop website ships to the UK. Better selection and only slightly more expensive. Takes about 2 weeks for me to get stuff in Ireland. I always use the US store.

Slightly??!

Custom jersey in the Europe shop is £90.00.. same shipped from the US shop after customs duty is $209.44 (£157.22). 

3 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

American sizes are.... generous at the best of times :P

Guess I don't understand.....  I own bothAmerican, and European clothing, an American size S is equivalent to a European 44/46  anything smaller than that is an XS.,,  US mediums are equal to Euro 48/50's...... not a massive difference unless you fall on the 44 side of a small, and the US company sizes a Medium closer to a Euro 50...... but it's always different company to company......  unless I am missing the point here.....

53 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Guess I don't understand.....  I own bothAmerican, and European clothing, an American size S is equivalent to a European 44/46  anything smaller than that is an XS.,,  US mediums are equal to Euro 48/50's...... not a massive difference unless you fall on the 44 side of a small, and the US company sizes a Medium closer to a Euro 50...... but it's always different company to company......  unless I am missing the point here.....

Are you talking chest size in inches here?