Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just Watched The Texans vs. 49ers

King Colt

Like all first pre season games this one was a stinker for both teams but the poor tackling by the Texans stood out, I mean someone got their butts chewed after this one. Tom Savage looked better then Osweiller but that means northing at this stage The first preseason games bear out the idea three games would be better than four because nobody looks ready.

A lot of missed tackles for sure.  Hopefully you won't see many of those guys on the 53.

We didn't really have a starting defense out there though. There was no Watt & no Cushing. Still, we were pitching 3&outs until we sat Covington & Wilfork which was after the fumble recovered for a touchdown. 

Brock... yeah. Most likely won't live up to his contract. But if he can keep his stuff together better than Hoyer, it'll be all right. 

2 hours ago, B~Town said:

I think they were after they met him that rant there coach went on the day after meeting Oswieler priceless .

It was no doubt an insane signing considering his body of work in Denver. He was a 4 year vet and played like crap. Maybe it will work out for the Texans but this was by no means a contract that was earned.

10 hours ago, B~Town said:

I think they were after they met him that rant there coach went on the day after meeting Oswieler priceless .

I will say though in terms of fantasy QB's, he is a nice late round gem because you know he's going to get a lot of action paired up with DeAndre Hopkins who looks insanely good right now. Plus, Bill O' Brien is from the Patriots, and you know how they like to throw it.

"O'Brien was assigned to coach the (Patriot) wide receivers in 2008 and then the quarterbacks from 2009-2010. O'Brien was given play calling duties when Josh McDaniels left to coach the Denver Broncos after the 2008 season, but O'Brien was not officially promoted to offensive coordinator until the 2011 season. Under O'Brien as a play caller, the Patriots had one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL and also saw quarterback Tom Brady throw for over 5,000 yards on the season for the first time of his career."
http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/1/6/2686805/bill-obrien-penn-state-football-coach

I'm actually thinking about taking him in my fantasy league. I don't need him to win games -- just put up big yardage, which I feel he's capable of.