Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns release Donte Whitner

I don't think we are interested either. We brought Southward in at the end of last year. I am interested to see what he can do back at S. The guys an atheltic freak. He was the 84th overall pick in 2014 out of Wisconsin 6' 212lbs 4.3 40.

It sounds like we are looking at S in the draft too. We have checked out Thompson and Simmons. 

The purge continues with the Browns. All those new numbers guys must believe in the draft, and next year they will have a significant amount of draft picks thanks to all the comp. picks they will get from FA, and a couple will be 3rd or 4th. Still, the roster has been laid barren. I believe they will draft a QB with the 2nd, but I also believe RGIII will start the season, will go out due to injury, and the QB they draft will be running for their life. I bet we also see Thomas traded. He is not in their rebuilding plans at 30, and they are clearly thinking long term. Also, who is RGIII going to throw to?

13 hours ago, akcolt said:

I don't think we are interested either. We brought Southward in at the end of last year. I am interested to see what he can do back at S. The guys an atheltic freak. He was the 84th overall pick in 2014 out of Wisconsin 6' 212lbs 4.3 40.

It sounds like we are looking at S in the draft too. We have checked out Thompson and Simmons. 

I am glad that the front office has their eyes on Simmons. He has been a personal favorite and a sleeper on mine for a while now.

I guess it has been reported that the front office really likes Thompson.

6 minutes ago, SDakColts said:

I am glad that the front office has their eyes on Simmons. He has been a personal favorite and a sleeper on mine for a while now.

I guess it has been reported that the front office really likes Thompson.

I think most teams are interested in Thompson We will have to talke him at 48 I too like Simmons. He caught eye when Notre Dame played BC I think he 2 int's in that game. He's moving up boards probably lookingI at early day 3