Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you attack Andrew Luck, you're stupid - 'The Herd'

AKB

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I do truly believe his replacement is here in Freeland. Freeland got thrust into playing time well before he was supposed to. An Uber athletic freak who needed a NFL strength and conditioning program. I think his ceiling is quite high. I also still like the idea of Jake Witt as the swing tackle.
    • Braden Smith is only 28 years old.  We just witnessed Ballard resign Grover at age 30 and Kenny at age 28.  He also extended Buckner at age 30.  Kelly is 30.  I would think that if Smith continues to perform at a high level this year he would have an excellent chance of getting extended next year like we did with Buckner.  That would lower his cap hit as well. Kelly is probably in a more vulnerable position if he wants to keep playing.  If the team really shows they are approaching Super Bowl contention he might want to return.  So much depends on his concussion issues and his performance and availability this year as well.  Fortunately we might have drafted his replacement this year.  Familiarity and continuity on the OL is very important as we know.  So I can see Ballard trying to keep it together as long as possible if the players continue to perform and our window remains open.  The good news is Ballard drafted for future needs on the OL this year.  I expect that will continue so I could see tackle being one of the higher picks next year.  
    • Ballard was perfectly clear Smith was drafted as a guard. And he directly commented to the importance of being able to control the "depth of the pocket". It is a terrible shame that Smith wasn't a guard for us. He definitely could have been a perennial Pro Bowler and perhaps All-Pro some years.  The guy has given up a lot of pressures against speed rushers. And have you ever seen a highlight of him making a great block out in space in the screen game, etc.? Smith is a superb mauler, period.  As for Fries, he is no more than adequate. He gets mauled by big tackles giving up pressure with bull rushes. And worse yet, he can not bend low and win the war when we need a yard. They list him at 305 and he plays like it. Gonglaves shouldn't have any trouble beating him out in due time. Surely by mid-season. Lets hope so. The real miracle would be that Gonclaves would be able to pass block as well as Smith does at RT and we finally get to see Smith excel inside.
    • All of the good Pacers teams with Reggie, George and now with Haliburton are somewhat similar.  At their very best, they're always still just a step below elite, a step below the the Jordan, Kobe/Shaq and Lebron teams.  The one time they did have supreme talent they threw it away in Detroit.   The good news is there currently is no great team.  Boston could get a lifetime achievement award championship - just stick around long enough and you might win one - but the Celtics scare no one.  Compared to great teams from the past, Dallas isn't much.     The Pacers shouldn't be thinking 3-4 years from now.  While the NBA is weak, they should make a push in the next year or two.
    • Man, I was happy that the Pacers won!  I loathe NY far more than I do Indy, and I knew the Celts would have an easier time with Indy.  Not that this series has been easy (well, except game 2).     I don’t disagree with you regarding your lineup; my only point before was that Russell would have been phenomenal as a NBA player today just as he was 60 years ago. Keep in mind that he was a two-time NCAA champion as well as an Olympic gold winning captain.   Russell with today’s training would have still been the best defensive player perhaps ever, and would have been a more proficient scorer.  
  • Members

• KB

KB 1,152

• Believe blue1306

Believe blue1306 90

• jvan1973

jvan1973 10,984

• dw49

dw49 1,384

• throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ 3,779

• w87r