Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Major announcement at 5 PM

HungarianColtsFan

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Because this is a Peyton Manning Thread, did anyone see that ridiculous all-time greatest SuperBowl era QB list that Dave Dameshek from the NFL Network put out! His list is:

1. Brady

2. Montana

3. Elway

4. Rodgers?

5. Favre

6. Marino

7. Peyton was 7th!

-Unitas doesn't qualify because this is the best of the SB era if someone is wondering. Here's the deal, no way in hell Peyton isn't at least a Top 5 QB of all-time after getting his 2nd Ring. There is not 1 solid argument that anyone can make that Rodgers, Favre, and Marino are better than Peyton?? I think Peyton is Top 3 personally. Rings of course factor in and Peyton even has 2 of them now but when you factor in League MVP's, SB MVP's, and Stats + Overall Wins, Peyton is Top 3 without a doubt. Here's my list of the greatest QB's of the SB era:

1. Montana should be #1 - He has won as many League MVP's(2) and SB MVP's(3) that Brady has won but is 4-0 in SB's as well. The guy threw 0 INT's in 4 SB's played. That is incredible!

2. Brady - 6 SB appearances, 4 SB wins, 3 SB MVP's, 2 League MVP's.

3. Peyton - 2 SB wins with 2 different teams as a starter, 5 League MVP's which is mindboggling and a record that will never be broken, a SB MVP, and he owns records of most TD passes in the Regular Season of all-time, most Yards in the Regular Season of all-time, and he is tied with Brett Favre for having the most Regular Season wins as a starting QB with 186.

4. Elway - Has won 2 SB's, a League MVP and SB MVP. Was a Great duel threat QB as well, he could take off and run!

5. One could go a lot of ways here? Does Bradshaw's 4 SB wins with a 4-0 record/Rings as a starter outweigh Favre's Regular Season Stats, 3 League MVP's, and his 1 SB win? Favre never won a SB MVP believe it or not. Bradshaw's all-time Regular Season Stats were Average overall. Or does Marino belong here with 0 Rings but arguably is the best pure Passer of all-time, he never had a run game or a Great Defense to help him win games. Marino did win a League MVP in 1984 as well and carried the Dolphins to a SB appearance. Rodgers IMO is still arguably not even Top 10 all-time. Steve Young has more of an argument to be Top 10 than Rodgers does. Young has won as many League MVP's(2) and as many SB MVP's(1) as Rodgers has + Young was just as much if not better of a duel threat to pass and run than what Rodgers is. Had it not been for the Cowboys in the early 90's, Young would've won more than 1 SB as a starter as well IMO. Troy Aikman is another Great SB era QB that should be mentioned, his all-time Regular Season Stats were Average to Above Average but he did lead his team to 3 SB wins going 3-0 in SB's and was arguably the most accurate Passing QB of all-time. If I had to choose a #5 I would choose Marino. This is 1 instant where I go against some of my criteria I laid out because to me he was the best pure Passer of all-time and had little help his whole career.

It's actually DUAL threat, sorry for the typo, I typed in DUEL haha . I couldn't edit the mis-spelling.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It wont happen. He is the greatest player in team history.

In Indy Colts history yes but the Colts existed before they came here. Its subjective.

I'm sure Baltimore Colts fans didn't think anyone would wear 88 for the Colts but Marvin Harrison did for Indy. You never know what the future holds is my point. 

5 minutes ago, CF4L said:

In Indy Colts history yes but the Colts existed before they came here. Its subjective.

I'm sure Baltimore Colts fans didn't think anyone would wear 88 for the Colts but Marvin Harrison did for Indy. You never know what the future holds is my point. 

Yes, the greatest in Indianapolis Colts history. Overall history it is between he and Unitas.