Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared Lorenzen to Broncos: "I'm the free agent you are looking for."

ReMeDy

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/03/12/jared-lorenzen-the-qb-known-as-hefty-lefty-tells-broncos-hes-the-free-agent-theyre-looking-for/

Luving it! LOL. I can't wait for him to direct the same message to the Colts. I'll never forget in Colts preseason when he heaved a deep pass between three defenders, was intercepted, and Tom Moore calmly told Lorenzen on the sidelines not to make those kinds of throws, and Hefty Lefty blew up in the old man's face! Such a gentleman.

lorenzen2.png

5 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

My buddy was just joking about this guy coming to the Colts to backup Luck while simultaneously solving our problem at center. hahahaha

I wonder if there's a trick play where the Center - instead of snapping the ball to the QB - simply keeps the ball himself, stands up, and throws it. It will be the quickest release ever. The D will never see it coming.

Or maybe a run play. If defenders thought Brady's QB sneaks were rough, they haven't seen anything yet!

5 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

I wonder if there's a trick play where the Center - instead of snapping the ball to the QB - simply keeps the ball himself, stands up, and throws it. It will be the quickest release ever. The D will never see it coming.

Or maybe a run play. If defenders thought Brady's QB sneaks were rough, they haven't seen anything yet!

There is a run play, referred to as the "fumble-rooski" in which the center snaps the ball and the QB sets it on the ground (technically fumbling it), the QB then fakes a handoff and one of the lineman picks up the "fumble" and runs it. 

That would be about the only way that play would be feasible.  I'm pretty sure a center can't throw a forward pass, although I think it would be funny to do a double pass play off of the fumble-rooski play set. QB fakes handoff then rolls out to receive a backward pass from the center, only to bomb it down field after catching it. 

Will it happen? Never. But it's funny to think about.