Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL.com's Lance Zierlein's 1st R Mock (2.0)

14 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

After watching like 3 games, I've seen why some people have Billings falling out of the first. Yes he has ridiculous power and a non stop motor, but 2 blockers is enough to stop him most of the time. Oklahoma handled him all day long. But his upside is tremendous. He's a pure 3-4 NT though, so 4-3 teams will probably pass.

If I had to pick today, I'd take Floyd over him round 1. But my opinion may change after the combine.

I am moving in the other direction on Floyd. His size and lack of strength really concern me,  I am not sure he can add the weight and strength he needs. I like his athleticism and speed off the ball. He may be a sub package guy. If we had a pass rush would we even consider him at 18?

I am starting to think the only healthy 1st round 3-4 edge rusher is Spence who we likely won't have a shot at. He has his issues too. Lawson might be there but he is better suited to set the edge. 

Billings on the other hand I think he could be special. In the 1st round I don't think you can consider need at all you take the best player you can. If we were just picking between Billings and Floyd that would be easy for me. Billings I think he has the potential to be a game changer. 

There are some concerns about his maturity because he is so young. The kid already has elite power a non stop motor and great closing speed. A play maker at the point of attack isn't there every year. 

I would look closely at Billings at 18. If somehow he is still there in the 2nd when we pick. I wouldn't be able to get that pick in fast enough. I would feel better about Floyd in the 2nd. 

The edge rushers I am looking at on the board at 18 are not an impressive group: Floyd Georgia, Calhoun MSU, Correa Boise St., Fackrell Utah ST, Ngakoue Maryland, Cowser S Utah, Thompson Syracuse, McCalister Florida, Wallace UCLA, Corwin Illinois St.,, Ochi, Stony Brook, Holmes Montana. 

14 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Local radio (Memphis..near Ole Miss) says that synthetic marijuana makes a person extremely paranoid and that's why he jumped out of the window.  I've also heard he may not have a huge "love" for the game....he's just better than most.  So, I think your instincts are correct.   I also remember these same people saying Dontari Poe didn't have the "want to" but he's carved out a nice career.  

My concern about the synthetic Marijuana is you must want to smoke pretty bad to smoke some stuff like that. What happens when you get real money in your pocket and want to smoke?

On 2/21/2016 at 9:33 PM, Superman said:

Khalil Mack played at Buffalo.

Just because you played at a big school doesn't mean you get credit for it, and just because you played at a small school doesn't mean you'll be penalized for it. Personnel people look for traits and proven ability, and I'm still waiting on someone to tell me what makes Floyd a high round prospect.

He's all potential at this point, which to me screams 2nd round prospect.  

PS - Hadn't seen you around in a while (I know i'ts only been a couple days, but I can't remember the last time you were off the reservation that long).  Hope all's well.

11 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

He's all potential at this point, which to me screams 2nd round prospect.  

PS - Hadn't seen you around in a while (I know i'ts only been a couple days, but I can't remember the last time you were off the reservation that long).  Hope all's well.

I've been around, just got kind of busy at work. Good thing, but less time to mess around online.

No one is getting in the way of me watching the Combine, though!

12 hours ago, Superman said:

I've been around, just got kind of busy at work. Good thing, but less time to mess around online.

No one is getting in the way of me watching the Combine, though!

That's how I've been with the draft - unfortunately, work may cut into that one this year some.  On the one hand, i'ts a good thing as far as job security and better pay.  On the other, February to March is probably my favorite time of year and I get pretty bummed when I seem to participate less every year.

On February 20, 2016 at 9:26 PM, Gavin said:

Nah he can put on about 10lbs-15lbs...He is listed anywhere from 6'2-6'4 and 231-232lbslbs. He isn't that far off physically I don't think. He has a quick first step.. He has some developing to do but he has high potential to be a great pass rusher. He was moved around a lot at Georgia so the numbers are not there but the potential is big

Looks like he is bigger than expected which is a good thing. I went back and watch more games on him and came away impressed with his Edge Rush abilities. If he holds the same athleticism with added weight and power, then I agree with you that he is a diffinate possibility for the Colts a 18.

2 hours ago, JRnINDY said:

Looks like he is bigger than expected which is a good thing. I went back and watch more games on him and came away impressed with his Edge Rush abilities. If he holds the same athleticism with added weight and power, then I agree with you that he is a diffinate possibility for the Colts a 18.

I missed his measurable, 6'6" 244lbs?

59 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

Floyd weighing in at those measurables is gonna change things if he runs a 4.5

Anything under 5 flat I'm good with and even if he runs horribly running in a straight line for 40 yards hardly translates into things he will be asked to do on the football field. Now for TE's and WR's of course it translates but for front 7 players not so much. Some of these drills and events I put more stock into then others depending on position and none of them can say they truly translate to the football field...Especially in shorts and shirts

Game film, Interviews/Character issues and injury history (especially one that has not healed) is the ultimate factor for me

1 hour ago, ztboiler said:

Floyd weighing in at those measurables is gonna change things if he runs a 4.5

I am more interested in his cone drills. How is his change of direction and acceleration after bulking up. I believe the cone drills translate better for edge rushers for basically the bend around the edge.