Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bromcos Inside LB, Brandon Marshal it was Peyton that insisted I get elevated from PS to starter

bayone

Broncos linebacker says Peyton Manning jump-started his career

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25479728/broncos-brandon-marshall-reveals-how-peyton-manning-jumpstarted-his-career

"When I got picked up on the practice squad, I was playing my tail off at practice. He was one of the ones that noticed me. He would ask the coaches, 'Who is this guy? Who is this guy Brandon Marshall? We have to get him up.' So he noticed me, and ( then ) a lot of the offensive guys started talking about me, and that allowed me to get my chance. So I love Peyton. I have a different appreciation for him.

I feel like he had a hand in me getting off the practice squad and onto that roster

Add "Finding Brandon Marshall" to Manning's unending list of accomplishments. Because of Manning's find, Broncos fans are probably having an easier time forgetting the other Marshall (the Jets' Brandon Marshall, not Sarah).

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

It's nice to see someone of Peyton's stature, spot talent on the field, & use his influence in yet another positive way. Thanks for the story Barry. 

My Pleasure my friend, thanks for reading / commenting