Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congratulations to Peyton and Broncos

danlhart87

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:35 PM, ricker182 said:

Couldn't be happier for Peyton.   

Finally got a team to carry him.  

Well deserved. Class act. Wins with pride, loses with dignity.   

Great player. Great dude. Great win.   

Congrats, Peyton.   

I truly have enjoyed being your fan. 

"Finally got a team to carry him". Yep exactly! So I really couldnt care less that he played a mediocre game and relied on his Defense for a change. Many SB winning QB's have done that so no bigge. It's not like Ben was awesome in the 2005 season SB for example but all people say is he has 2 SB wins. So I could care less, Peyton did his part and so did his TEAM to get this crucial win to put him in with only 11 other QB's in NFL history to win 2 or more SB's as a starter.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"Finally got a team to carry him". Yep exactly! So I really couldnt care less that he played a mediocre game and relied on his Defense for a change. Many SB winning QB's have done that so no bigge. It's not like Ben was awesome in the 2005 season SB for example but all people say is he has 2 SB wins. So I could care less, Peyton did his part and so did his TEAM to get this crucial win to put him in with only 11 other QB's in NFL history to win 2 or more SB's as a starter.

Neither could I , he played it knowing what D was doing, so knew had to burn up clock with runs

DT was just absent all playoofs, save for drops, and PM never really had a slot reciver and V Davis never became what was hoped for and no line

But the fact he came out each game and took early lead with good starting drives was a decisive factor as D was playing with lead

Unfortunately PM is scrutinized more than any other QB and on a per game, regular season and post season 

Take care another day another Doc , & again  Thursday, at least I get my money worth of insurance, not everyone does- no complants , happy for what i got, can be worse and should be

3 minutes ago, bayone said:

Neither could I , he played it knowing what D was doing, so knew had to burn up clock with runs

DT was just absent all playoofs, save for drops, and PM never really had a slot reciver and V Davis never became what was hoped for and no line

But the fact he came out each game and took early lead with good starting drives was a decisive factor as D was playing with lead

Unfortunately PM is scrutinized more than any other QB and on a per game, regular season and post season 

Take care another day another Doc , & again  Thursday, at least I get my money worth of insurance, not everyone does- no complants , happy for what i got, can be worse and should be

Patriots fans are in depression mode about now. Man they hate Peyton. I said 2 months ago this would be their worst nightmare and it is haha Reading Posts from other Sites and they hate Peyton winning. What is funny is, Peyton can win when he plays mediocre even. I think most Pats feel like they could've beat Carolina as well so it was another missed opportunity for them to get another Ring. Cam is still young, he wasn't beating Peyton and I knew it.

20 hours ago, bababooey said:

link?

Here is link for the item bought, they just added it

Peyton Manning Denver Broncos Autographed Super Bowl 50 Pro Football With Super Bowl 50 Stat Inscriptions - Limited Edition #2-17 Of 18

PID: 6148786’’

his football has been personally hand-signed by Peyton Manning with the inscriptions "2/7/16 San Fran; Den 24 Car 10; SB 50 Champs; Go Broncos." It is officially licensed by the National Football League and comes with an individually numbered, tamper evident hologram from Fanatics Authentic. To ensure authenticity, the hologram can be reviewed online. This process helps to ensure that the product purchased is authentic and eliminates any possibility of duplication or fraud. These are numbered 2-17 within a limited edition of 18. 

PS no matter what web page says the holgram is from Fanatics Authenticity, I confirmed with sales person

Barry

Price is stupid but as hardly go outdue to medical crap I hardly spend $ so its ok to be crazy occasionally, as said are cheaper ones without that inscription & not limited editions

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great stuff! You guys have a Great Defense but will miss Peyton. You wont win a SB with Brock IMO, he isnt like a Andrew Luck or even Cam. Enjoy the win.

We will have to agree to disagree with that one. Brock will be just fine and I believe he can lead us to a SB. Anyways, thanks for the congrats!

On February 8, 2016 at 8:27 AM, General_Hux said:

It is absolutely the wrong time to ask this question.  His biggest regret likely has something to do with not having the pieces around Peyton enough times to get more than one SB, but should have nothing to do with releasing him when he did.  It was the right decision then, it is the right decision now. 

We're a good 10-12 years away from knowing whether he made the right decision, most likely.  A lot of Colts "fans" (not so much here, but on other platforms) are making me sick today with the "Peyton sure showed Irsay" nonsense.  What's to gain from that line of thinking?  It certainly reinforces a lot of stereotypes about Indianapolis sports fans, that's for sure. 

You completely missed my point GH. It's about competitive egos [Peyton's vs Jim's] & which person emerged on top in terms of SB hardware at this moment. Peyton's 2 rings vs Jim's 1. Yes, I know Jim shares in the 2006 Championship with Manning. That is true.

However, part of the reason Irsay released Peyton is that he believed his days of winning rings was basically done. Health played a role in Jim's decision to cut Manning loose sure, but in my estimation Jim thought Peyton's best NFL years were behind him & Mr. Irsay was ultimately proven wrong.  Remember Jimmy always liked to mention that he would open LOS roof whenever the Colts played the Broncos with 18 under center. Why? Because he was hoping that weather conditions would affect his ex QB performance as a competitor now & limit Peyton's chances to win another ring in the playoffs.

If Luck never wins a ring & Peyton walks away with 2 in his pocket, symbolically that means that Irsay made a mistake legacy wise dumping Peyton & drafting Luck in 2012. You're talking logic & stability of INDY's franchise & I'm talking about egos & which mastermind will win the longterm battle for front office franchise validation in the end.  

5 hours ago, southwest1 said:

You completely missed my point GH. It's about competitive egos [Peyton's vs Jim's] & which person emerged on top in terms of SB hardware at this moment. Peyton's 2 rings vs Jim's 1. Yes, I know Jim shares in the 2006 Championship with Manning. That is true.

However, part of the reason Irsay released Peyton is that he believed his days of winning rings was basically done. Health played a role in Jim's decision to cut Manning loose sure, but in my estimation Jim thought Peyton's best NFL years were behind him & Mr. Irsay was ultimately proven wrong.  Remember Jimmy always liked to mention that he would open LOS roof whenever the Colts played the Broncos with 18 under center. Why? Because he was hoping that weather conditions would affect his ex QB performance as a competitor now & limit Peyton's chances to win another ring in the playoffs.

If Luck never wins a ring & Peyton walks away with 2 in his pocket, symbolically that means that Irsay made a mistake legacy wise dumping Peyton & drafting Luck in 2012. You're talking logic & stability of INDY's franchise & I'm talking about egos & which mastermind will win the longterm battle for front office franchise validation in the end.  

And we're over a decade away from knowing who was ultimately right.  So yes, it is absolutely the wrong time to even entertain whether Irsay got this right or wrong.  Many Colts "fans" already seem to have the answer to this debate. 

Peyton had two good years in Denver, and two pretty bad ones...especially this last one.  Anyone with a brain would trade two good years for the possibility of 10-15 good ones.  So with the exception of a couple seasons that ended with playoff collapses by Manning (and his team), including one of the worst Super Bowl performances by a QB of all time, Irsay was absolutely correct.  The part that Irsay got wrong and I think will continue to get wrong is that the QB was good enough to win it all if the right team was put around him.  I'm hoping Irsay doesn't need that spelled out for him any more clearly than it just was. 

I get what you're saying about egos...I just don't care. 

3 hours ago, General_Hux said:

And we're over a decade away from knowing who was ultimately right.  So yes, it is absolutely the wrong time to even entertain whether Irsay got this right or wrong.  Many Colts "fans" already seem to have the answer to this debate. 

Peyton had two good years in Denver, and two pretty bad ones...especially this last one.  Anyone with a brain would trade two good years for the possibility of 10-15 good ones.  So with the exception of a couple seasons that ended with playoff collapses by Manning (and his team), including one of the worst Super Bowl performances by a QB of all time, Irsay was absolutely correct.  The part that Irsay got wrong and I think will continue to get wrong is that the QB was good enough to win it all if the right team was put around him.  I'm hoping Irsay doesn't need that spelled out for him any more clearly than it just was. 

Yes, I think Jim understands the significance of Luck's supporting cast now especially a stout o-line & a smothering defense. A lacerated kidney in your franchise QB tends to dictate where the front office drafting priorities need to be & will eventually get IMO. 

4 hours ago, General_Hux said:

I don't think we can say Irsay was right until he puts together a Super Bowl team. Until then...

What is funny is, Patriots fans are bashing Peyton for playing Bad as in 141 Yards Passing and no TD's but yet Tom Brady threw 145 Yards and had only 1 TD in his 1st SB. Tom even won MVP in that game which was a complete joke. It's not like Tom drove them down either for a game winning TD, they got in FG range and Vinny won the game. Yet Patriots fans have no problem with Tom's game and think it was a Great performance by the Posts I have read. Like I said earlier I could care less if Peyton only threw for 100 Yards but still won and he did. This whole week has been fun and very soothing seeing Patriots sick to their stomach. I also think they know they would've won another SB as well had they been there which is really killing them inside. Many have Posted so. I have seen several Posts on ESPN from Pats fans saying Peyton didn't earn this SB, if that's the case Brady didn't either in 2001. A bunch of sore losers just like Cam haha By the way to the Peyton haters, he beat an MVP in Cam so you don't even have he just beat Rex Grossman anymore to win a Ring. He is 3-1 vs Brady in Title games too. Man I am enjoying this week. Other than the Colts winning it all in 2006, the only other times I have felt like I do now is when the Pats lost to the Giants in 2007 and 2011 and Peyton's victory Sunday. Pats losing the Giants in 2007 was priceless actually!

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is funny is, Patriots fans are bashing Peyton for playing Bad as in 141 Yards Passing and no TD's but yet Tom Brady threw 145 Yards and had no TD's in his 1st SB. Tom even won MVP in that game which was a complete joke. It's not like Tom drove them down either for a game winning TD, they got in FG range and Vinny won the game. Yet Patriots fans have no problem with Tom's game and think it was a Great performance by the Posts I have read. Like I said earlier I could care less if Peyton only threw for 100 Yards but still won and he did. This whole week has been fun and very soothing seeing Patriots sick to their stomach. I also think they know they would've won another SB as well had they been there which is really killing them inside. Many have Posted so. I have seen several Posts on ESPN from Pats fans saying Peyton didn't earn this SB, if that's the case Brady didn't either in 2001. A bunch of sore losers just like Cam haha By the way to the Peyton haters, he beat an MVP in Cam so you don't even have he just beat Rex Grossman anymore to win a Ring. He is 3-1 vs Brady in Title games too. Man I am enjoying this week. Other than the Colts winning it all in 2006, the only other times I have felt like I do now is when the Pats lost to the Giants in 2007 and 2011 and Peyton's victory Sunday. Pats losing the Giants in 2007 was priceless actually!

Great stuff CBE. I didn't even think about the Rex Gossman argument being null & void now. Nice. 

Also, like you say the defense won Brady his 1st SB so that's another good reminder. Thank you. 

Could I make a polite suggestion my friend? Would it be possible to try to insert paragraphs next time just to facilitate easier reading of your intelligent points as always? 

If you type your replies on a phone, disregard what I said because you might have a small screen to type responses on. Please don't take offense CBE. I respect you immensely buddy. It's just difficult to read your wisdom as an ice block of words. Thank you. Way to stand up for Peyton CBE! 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

Great stuff CBE. I didn't even think about the Rex Gossman argument being null & void now. Nice. 

Also, like you say the defense won Brady his 1st SB so that's another good reminder. Thank you. 

Could I make a polite suggestion my friend? Would it be possible to try to insert paragraphs next time just to facilitate easier reading of your intelligent points as always? 

If you type your replies on a phone, disregard what I said because you might have a small screen to type responses on. Please don't take offense CBE. I respect you immensely buddy. It's just difficult to read your wisdom as an ice block of words. Thank you. Way to stand up for Peyton CBE! 

I had to correct my Brady stats, he did have 1 TD but still wasn't that good at all in 2001. Warner had 365 Yards and a game tying TD drive at the end.

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

No problem. I am on a laptop. I didn't realize and don't even know what it's like to use a phone doing this, so I am sure it is different.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had to correct my Brady stats, he did have 1 TD but still wasn't that good at all in 2001. Warner had 365 Yards and a game tying TD drive at the end.

It's a shame that some Patriots fans wanna minimize what the Broncos just achieved because Peyton getting that 1st road bye against San Diego made all the difference in the world. Brock was struggling, Peyton orchestrated some great running drives, NE has to play the Championship game in Denver, & the rest is history baby. 

Even if I accepted the lame naysayer argument that Peyton couldn't throw, just by being on the Broncos roster & that masterful game against Pittsburgh means that 18 wasn't just riding the Denver defense's coattails either as you are so well aware. 

Some NE fans are just bitter that their team couldn't cross the AFC Championship line that's all. Funny how 18 was labeled a choker in the playoffs & when Brady falls short it's the offensive line coach's fault isn't it? 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

It's a shame that some Patriots fans wanna minimize what the Broncos just achieved because Peyton getting that 1st road bye against San Diego made all the difference in the world. Brock was struggling, Peyton orchestrated some great running drives, NE has to play the Championship game in Denver, & the rest is history baby. 

Even if I accepted the lame naysayer argument that Peyton couldn't throw, just by being on the Broncos roster & that masterful game against Pittsburgh means that 18 wasn't just riding the Denver defense's coattails either as you are so well aware. 

Some NE fans are just bitter that their team couldn't cross the AFC Championship line that's all. Funny how 18 was labeled a choker in the playoffs & when Brady falls short it's the offensive line coach's fault isn't it? 

Yeah all that matters now is Peyton is a multiple SB winner and beat a team that was favored over his and beat an MVP QB. Great stuff!

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No problem. I am on a laptop. I didn't realize and don't even know what it's like to use a phone doing this, so I am sure it is different.

Thanks for understanding & not being offended at my suggestion. I just figured you were in the zone writing such a sharp retort to Manning detractors that you wanted to get it all down on paper/screen before it all just disappeared.

When true inspiration strikes, it's just awesome man. :thmup:

23 hours ago, VDB said:

Anyone see that parade? I heard 1.2-1.5 million people. Im somewhere in that crowd haha

Caz04RpUAAAbt64.png

12657219_10153616581343300_5175570238543

Afterward, the #1 response heard in Colorado was this: Does anyone remember where in the hades I parked my car this morning to get a good seat for watching the parade? Oh swell. :D

6 hours ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

I don't think we can say Irsay was right until he puts together a Super Bowl team. Until then...

I think we made the right decision regardless or not if Andrew wins a Ring. I defend Peyton just as much if not more on the Site than anyone but you have to take the QB who has the potential to be Great and has roughly 15 years to give to your franchise over the older QB who only has maybe 2 or 3 great years left. We had a lot of older players the year we let pet Peyton go as well and our Salary Cap was a mess. There is no way we would've won another SB with Peyton as great as he is. By letting him and some of the other older players go it gave us a nice Salary Cap and a QB that has proven so far to be Good to Very Good. Had we kept Peyton we would be up crap creek without a paddle at this point and have no Andrew Luck.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we made the right decision regardless or not if Andrew wins a Ring. I defend Peyton just as much if not more on the Site than anyone but you have to take the QB who has the potential to be Great and has roughly 15 years to give to your franchise over the older QB who only has maybe 2 or 3 great years left. We had a lot of older players the year we let pet Peyton go as well and our Salary Cap was a mess. There is no way we would've won another SB with Peyton as great as he is. By letting him and some of the other older players go it gave us a nice Salary Cap and a QB that has proven so far to be Good to Very Good. Had we kept Peyton we would be up crap creek without a paddle at this point and have no Andrew Luck.

They made the smart move and the safe move. I won't deny that. I just don't label it a success. No ring, no success. Peyton go us a ring and had a good shot at another one. So, until the current regime does better, I don't think we can say they were right. Some times in football the safe bet isn't the successful bet.

4 minutes ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

They made the smart move and the safe move. I won't deny that. I just don't label it a success. No ring, no success. Peyton go us a ring and had a good shot at another one. So, until the current regime does better, I don't think we can say they were right. Some times in football the safe bet isn't the successful bet.

I think we will get a Ring eventually with Andrew and get back to our winning ways next season by at least making the Playoffs but that is what most people do look at, the Rings.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we will get a Ring eventually with Andrew and get back to our winning ways next season by at least making the Playoffs but that is what most people do look at, the Rings.

And I hope we do. But I will have to see that Lombardi trophy before I start praising Irsay and the front office for making "right" decision. They have to at least match Peyton's Super bowl total to be a success. I enjoy watching good games, but a successful season ends with a win in the big game.