Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Its Time To Start Rebuilding Now

BProland85

From hearing Irsay's press conference, it seems as if he is wanting to start getting younger again which is another term for rebuilding. If that is the case I would like to see what we could get in a trade from an NFC team for Manning(if healthy).

And for those who STILL think its impossible to trade him, here ya go...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/12/07/lombardi-ways-to-trade-peyton-manning-exist/

Washington seems to be the team that would probably give up the most to get him. I could see a 1st and 2nd round pick for a healthy Peyton giving us to chance to get Andrew Luck, Morris Claiborne/Trent Richardson, and plenty of talent in rounds 2-7.

And if this were to happen, I could also see us trying to trade Freeney as well or possibly just cut his contract which is enormous this season. I would rather go with Mathis anyways since he is cheaper and younger. I think he'd be a beast as a pass rushing OLB with an altered defensive philosophy.

What makes you think Manning would rework his contract to be traded? I can't see that happening and can't imagine his agent reccommending him doing so. Maybe he will ask to be released to be made a free agent and rework his contract for that so he could make his own decision as to where he wants to play. JMO of course but if he doesn't play and retire a colt and can play he will want to go where he wants to play not to the highest bidder.

What makes you think Manning would rework his contract to be traded? I can't see that happening and can't imagine his agent reccommending him doing so. Maybe he will ask to be released to be made a free agent and rework his contract for that so he could make his own decision as to where he wants to play. JMO of course but if he doesn't play and retire a colt and can play he will want to go where he wants to play not to the highest bidder.

IMO, If Manning won't see the organization's side of this equation, take into account what he was paid to stand around all year, and structure a "friendly" contract..... then I'll have no problem letting him go and "tie up" another team's salary cap. he gets his money whether he can play or not. Thats not a fair trade for the Colts.

He's my favorite player of all time but the team was here before him and will be here after he's gone.

From hearing Irsay's press conference, it seems as if he is wanting to start getting younger again which is another term for rebuilding. If that is the case I would like to see what we could get in a trade from an NFC team for Manning(if healthy).

http://blogs.nfl.com...-manning-exist/

Washington seems to be the team that would probably give up the most to get him. I could see a 1st and 2nd round pick for a healthy Peyton giving us to chance to get Andrew Luck, Morris Claiborne/Trent Richardson, and plenty of talent in rounds 2-7.

Manning has stated MULTIPLE times that he HATES playing against his brother...its a huge emotional strain on the entire family, and he hates doing it, period....so WHY ON EARTH would he agree to go play in the SAME DIVISION as Eli, knowing that he would have to play him MULTIPLE times EACH YEAR?!

Instead of living in fantasy land, where any team that doesnt have a pro bowl QB would give us the world for Manning, why dont you come back to reality, where he cant and wont and SHOULDNT be traded

IMO, If Manning won't see the organization's side of this equation, take into account what he was paid to stand around all year, and structure a "friendly" contract..... then I'll have no problem letting him go and "tie up" another team's salary cap. he gets his money whether he can play or not. Thats not a fair trade for the Colts.

He's my favorite player of all time but the team was here before him and will be here after he's gone.

I completely agree with you. If he's gonna be a jerk about getting his money after we just paid him over 20 mil to sit out the season, then let him walk and go with Andrew Luck. Id rather us save the money and go after a stud OG like Carl Nicks to bolster this OL.

http://blogs.nfl.com...-manning-exist/

Really just a 1st and 2nd round? Carson Palmer fetched that in mid season.

If Peyton is health he'll stay here period. We'd be insane to trade him, just insane! If we draft Andy he better sit and learn. But me I'd rather have an elite offensive line then a elite qb. Everything starts up front.

I'm 100% in agreement with you a06cc

Really just a 1st and 2nd round? Carson Palmer fetched that in mid season.

I think that a 1 and 2 from washington would make a lot of sense. Carson Palmer got a 1 and 2 but has alot more years to play as compared with peyton. really peyton is a 1 or 2 year rental qb in my opinion as opposed to palmer who could be around another 5-7 years. not to mention washingtons 1st round pick is #6 overall, which oakland probably knew it wouldnt be giving up since the whole palmer deal was to make that playoff run.

We have so many unanswered questions right now that this speculation is just a mental exercise. We need to know quite a few things before any constructive discussions can be made about drafting, etc.

1) Is Manning going to come back as a player?

2) Will Caldwell and our coordinators be back next year?

3) Will we be running the same offense and defense schemes next year?

4) Is our rebuilding process goal to be a quick process or a several year process?

5) Answering question 4 probably tells us how many or few of our FAs to expect back next year.

6) Answering question 4 probably also dictates whether Manning and Luck will both be on the roster next year because if this is a quick rebuild we're going to need more draft picks and that means one of them must go the way of a trade.