Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seattle (- 4.5) @ Minnesota (1-10-16)

oldunclemark

27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Many fans are not happy with AP today. But fans are fickle.  Most of the year, they wanted the ball in AP's hands most of the time. The head coach seems to like Peterson a lot. AP is in great shape and still runs pretty well; so, it seems like he will play for the Vikings again next year.

I am not a big Peterson fan. He is too "all or nothing". I prefer RBs that can get some yards on every carry.  I don't value home runs (long runs) the way other fans do. In almost all games, AP will have one long run that makes his stats look better than they really are but he was not that great this year, IMHO. He seems to fumble at the worst times. Had he not fumbled there, we may have won.  I would rather the offense go through Teddy than through AP. As long as AP is on the team, Teddy's growth will be stunted.  Those who don't watch the Vikings will question that,  saying AP is a HoFer and is the rushing leader. But those of us who watch every game see that he was not too dependable. 

I agree with what this Vikings fan wrote in here:

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/12/7/9864000/the-elephant-in-the-room

It starts off like this:

The Minnesota Vikings are over-constrained with Adrian Peterson as the focal point of their offense. It is a bit of a Monkey's Paw situation, where wishing for the nation's best running back would never be considered a poor idea initially. In fact, the notion of not desiring the best (at any position) would likely promote public mockery. As time has gone on, it has morphed into a curse, so-to-speak....

I totally understand what your saying. Kind of a similar situation where Seattle was leaning so much on lynch that it was stunting Wilton's growth. Sometimes like Blake bortles or Andrew or Carr you have to let them take their lumps...take those chances throwing...give a guy a chance to grow up. When u really need a big throw in a tight window on 3rd down in the 4th quarter in late December with the division on the line or in the playoffs you want a qb who has had the training wheels off and be allowed to win or lose on his arm before. I do think AP is a big asset though....having balance having a guy the defense has to key on and honor should open up things for Teddy but I do think they get too reliant on AP and it puts them in predictable down and distances. I think next year will be the year to see Teddys full potential...one way or another to open up that offense they have to allow him to shoulder more. To make the next step it's the only way to do it.....they have gone as far as AP can carry them. There is a balance between the first Sea game where they abandoned him too soon and this one..when they find that balance watch out. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I totally understand what your saying. Kind of a similar situation where Seattle was leaning so much on lynch that it was stunting Wilton's growth. Sometimes like Blake bortles or Andrew or Carr you have to let them take their lumps...take those chances throwing...give a guy a chance to grow up. When u really need a big throw in a tight window on 3rd down in the 4th quarter in late December with the division on the line or in the playoffs you want a qb who has had the training wheels off and be allowed to win or lose on his arm before. I do think AP is a big asset though....having balance having a guy the defense has to key on and honor should open up things for Teddy but I do think they get too reliant on AP and it puts them in predictable down and distances. I think next year will be the year to see Teddys full potential...one way or another to open up that offense they have to allow him to shoulder more. To make the next step it's the only way to do it.....they have gone as far as AP can carry them. There is a balance between the first Sea game where they abandoned him too soon and this one..when they find that balance watch out. 

You expounded on my point perfectly. Thank you. 

When Lynch got injured, that allowed Wilson to assert himself and he was very successful.  For several games there, Wilson looked like one of the best QB in the NFL. I don't know if Teddy will be that successful because his arm is not as strong but I still think we can win with Teddy. Teddy, like Wilson, is very deferential to veterans and coaches. He would never tell the coaches to let him throw the ball more. I believe that as long as AP is there, Teddy will not reach his full potential.  Hope I am wrong. 

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

We're not the Bengals. :)  I like their team though, minus the lack of discipline. 

If the Vikings reach the Super Bowl in a few years (maybe 2018 at home), they will look back on this day.

I would never say its good to lose. But this loss can drive a team much more than a win might have.

Green Bay is not a great team on offense.....Bears are a ways off and its hard to know where the Lions are.

The Vikings are on the rise and the result today may simply ignite a desire to improve for a team that's already division champ. All I know is that the Vikings earned a win today and didn't get it