Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 10 secondaries this season

amfootball

PFF rated its top 10 secondaries this season and the Patriots came out on top with a grade of 82.7. This is an unbelievable achievement from this group given this was the one unit that was supposed to be the weakest link on the team with the departures of Revis and Browner. Butler and Ryan have played superb while the Pats got tremendous safety play on top.

Also interesting to note that neither the Jets or Seahawks made the top 10.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/31/pro-top-10-nfl-secondaries-this-season-2/

7 minutes ago, amfootball said:

PFF rated its top 10 secondaries this season and the Patriots came out on top with a grade of 82.7. This is an unbelievable achievement from this group given this was the one unit that was supposed to be the weakest link on the team with the departures of Revis and Browner. Butler and Ryan have played superb while the Pats got tremendous safety play on top.

Also interesting to note that neither the Jets or Seahawks made the top 10.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/31/pro-top-10-nfl-secondaries-this-season-2/

I would've bet my money on Denver being the best but they are 2nd. After losing Revis the Pats have no doubt held their own.

4 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Yeah. Denver's has been great too. I was surprised to see the Rams in the top 5.

I was shocked the Seahawks wasn't Top 5. I was thinking Chiefs too being maybe #1 and they were 4th. Patriots deserve huge credit for solid play in their secondary. Just solid all around. After losing Revis and Browner and to maintain that is pretty impressive.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was shocked the Seahawks wasn't Top 5. I was thinking Chiefs too being maybe #1 and they were 4th. Patriots deserve huge credit for solid play in their secondary. Just solid all around. After losing Revis and Browner and to maintain that is pretty impressive.

The Hawks really struggled this year. Some of it was Kam's hold out but I think much of it is the new DC as well. They may luck out though and draw the Packers in the WC round. They match up well with them.

I am really proud of the Pats and Bill's work with the defense. A main reason why the secondary has been so good is because Bill made some good additions to the front 7 with the money he would have used to pay Revis. The front has consistently gotten more pressure and the LB unit may be the best in football. That being said, Butler and Ryan have held their own this year and have played a lot of pressed man which I did not expect. Chung has been really good too.

1 minute ago, amfootball said:

The Hawks really struggled this year. Some of it was Kam's hold out but I think much of it is the new DC as well. They may luck out though and draw the Packers in the WC round. They match up well with them.

I am really proud of the Pats and Bill's work with the defense. A main reason why the secondary has been so good is because Bill made some good additions to the front 7 with the money he would have used to pay Revis. The front has consistently gotten more pressure and the LB unit may be the best in football. That being said, Butler and Ryan have held their own this year and have played a lot of pressed man which I did not expect. Chung has been really good too.

Losing big Wilfork too and still decent up front. It just seems you guys plug in the right players that get it done. Smart Coaching and Management. I am not sure the Seahawks will beat GB in Lambeau if that is the matchup. That will be entertaining.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chiefs secondary was terrible the first month but have been really good lately.