Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016 AFC South Up For Grabs

King Colt

Right now the Colts would not win the division. Next year is total guesswork with three teams having solid QBs and the Texans will draft a QB but will lock Peyton Manning in for one year to 1.) win games and 2.) school the drafted QB. The Colts and Tennessee are at the bottom of the four teams with Titans trying to figure out a way to staff a team and the Colts faced with rebuilding      again and again until they get it right. Unfortunately, the Colts brain trust does not know how to do that. I am not looking forward to this coming 2016 season and since we would be the weakest team in this years playoffs I push for the Colts to lose the remaining games to boost their draft position. They could never be accused of deliberately losing the last two games after their disgraceful games to the Jags and Texans.

The Colts will be fine next year.     They need to address the oline.     Grigson has made an effort,   but the guys he has brought in have under performed.  Just a gut feeling,   but I think irsay cleans house.  New gm,  new coach.  We have the best QB in the division,  so we will be competitive.

Yes. The South will be very competitive IMO with the new young Qbs in the division now. Normally the Colts would be the fav but I think much depends on their off-season and who they hire as coach and/or GM assuming either Pagano and/or Grigson are gone. Also, Luck's health is a question mark. He needs to get back healthy and then see where the Oline is after that.

55 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The Colts will be fine next year.     They need to address the oline.     Grigson has made an effort,   but the guys he has brought in have under performed.  Just a gut feeling,   but I think irsay cleans house.  New gm,  new coach.  We have the best QB in the division,  so we will be competitive.

I can agree with getting rid of Grigson because of how he operates as GM.  I do not agree with getting rid of coaching staff.  We went 11-5 3 years in a row and made it to the AFC Championship. 

I do not want to turn into the browns and raiders and have a new coach just because they have a bad year. 

4 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I can agree with getting rid of Grigson because of how he operates as GM.  I do not agree with getting rid of coaching staff.  We went 11-5 3 years in a row and made it to the AFC Championship. 

I do not want to turn into the browns and raiders and have a new coach just because they have a bad year. 

I agree to some extent.  But gms usually want to hire their own staff.    

7 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

It is hard to lay everything at Grigson's feet. He is partly responsible, but not completely. Pagano was brought in as a "defensive guru" 4 years ago. The defense is arguably worse now than it was 4 years ago. Part of that is Grigson's fault for not drafting worth a crap, but part of it is definitely falling on Pagano as well. Whether that is because he chose a lackluster DC or not, Pagano has to take some of the blame, and he will not be coaching here next year because of it.

17 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

It is hard to lay everything at Grigson's feet. He is partly responsible, but not completely. Pagano was brought in as a "defensive guru" 4 years ago. The defense is arguably worse now than it was 4 years ago. Part of that is Grigson's fault for not drafting worth a crap, but part of it is definitely falling on Pagano as well. Whether that is because he chose a lackluster DC or not, Pagano has to take some of the blame, and he will not be coaching here next year because of it.

Arguably is the key word there.  I would argue otherwise.

Texans radio is talking RG III and Kapernick for next year as one year fill ins. My idea is more plausible on Manning and is more likely in view of the underlying ego battle between the  Elway and Manning and the Texans going to the phone with him last year Even though the Texans deny most of it. RG III is done and Kapernick  is not worth the effort to get to the SB. Manning will need almost no education on how to win with the 2016 schedule the Texans will have. But Manning probably will hang it up so it may be a mute point. 

The AFC South is a mess. This is what happens to a division when the team that usually dominates it can't get their stuff together. 

I hope the Texans take it and can at least make use of winning the division this year. They deserved it, after all the doubt of their team that has went on the past few years.