Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

venturi

OLD FAN MAN

I still feel there is a fair amount of talent on this team. How it's being managed/coached is another thing altogether. One of the things I remember distinctly from the Dungy/Polian era was how well the Colts responded and adjusted in the second half of football games. I look at this present team and with all the inconsistencies in regard to performance and results, it's almost like you get the distinct feeling the wheels could come off at any time. Never do you feel reassured about the direction the team is going in or how they will respond on a week in and week out basis...

I read Kravitz last night and he was calling Bob Lamey the Walter Cronkite of the Colts and said the Colts have lost Bob Lamey based on his call Sunday which is a play on the old if you've lost Cronkite you've lost America.  

This is a bad football team but the playoffs are there for the taking so the Colts might as well take it and see what happens.

They have some good players but they just don't have enough playmakers on defense and the play makers on offense aren't making plays.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I read Kravitz last night and he was calling Bob Lamey the Walter Cronkite of the Colts and said the Colts have lost Bob Lamey based on his call Sunday which is a play on the old if you've lost Cronkite you've lost America.  

This is a bad football team but the playoffs are there for the taking so the Colts might as well take it and see what happens.

They have some good players but they just don't have enough playmakers on defense and the play makers on offense aren't making plays.

I don't understand the calls for the team to purposefully miss the playoffs.

It's really odd.

Make the dance, then you have a chance.

The NFL is weird and the best team rarely wins it all.

1 minute ago, ricker182 said:

I don't understand the calls for the team to purposefully miss the playoffs.

It's really odd.

Make the dance, then you have a chance.

The NFL is weird and the best team rarely wins it all.

It's people who are giving up on them which is fine but since the people who run the show will for sure get fired baring a playoff run the Colts aren't going to not try.

i also think it's people who take being in the playoff race every year for granted.  That's why I keep saying tomorrow isn't guaranted which is why you play for today.  If the Colts make some bad hires for coach and or GM and they miss in the draft it could be three or four years before they are playoff team again.  

People might think that's not likely but it happens in the NFL more often than not.  Look at the Lions, Ravens, And Cowboys from just last year.  Playoff teams with bright futures now all at the bottom of the league.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

It's people who are giving up on them which is fine but since the people who run the show will for sure get fired baring a playoff run the Colts aren't going to not try.

i also think it's people who take being in the playoff race every year for granted.  That's why I keep saying tomorrow isn't guaranted which is why you play for today.  If the Colts make some bad hires for coach and or GM and they miss in the draft it could be three or four years before they are playoff team again.  

People might think that's not likely but it happens in the NFL more often than not.  Look at the Lions, Ravens, And Cowboys from just last year.  Playoff teams with bright futures now all at the bottom of the league.  

Crap. I never take the playoffs for granted. It's not super rare in the NFL, but only 12/32 teams make it.

Anyone that makes the playoffs has a chance to win it all. That's the parity of the NFL.

That's what make it fun.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I definitely want us to make the Playoffs. Anything can happen once you get in. Everyone is 0-0 at that point. Ever since the Giants beat the Patriots in 2007 I have been convinced anyone can be beat and anything can happen. 9-7 teams have won the SB before.

3 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Crap. I never take the playoffs for granted. It's not super rare in the NFL, but only 12/32 teams make it.

Anyone that makes the playoffs has a chance to win it all. That's the parity of the NFL.

That's what make it fun.

Yeah I know 12 of 32. That eliminates 20 teams right there and gives us a 1 and 12 chance to win the SB, not bad odds.