Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Flacco tore ACL and MCL. Done for season. (Merge)

MTC

Will the Ravens even win another game this season?

Suggs, Smith, Forsett and Flacco all out for the year.

It's looking pretty grim in Baltimore.

It's certainly grim this year, but the team has not been blown out this year. With some very high draft picks, and the injured guys coming back, things could turn around a bit. The keys are restructuring Flacco's contract, getting some safeties and receivers above all. The O line and D line, along with the linebackers are pretty good. Smith is a good CB, Webb probably now a nickel. Need good CB in draft.

The other thing that has killed them is the dead money. I think Ngata at 8 million, Rice at like 7 million, and Jacoby Jones at around 2.2 million are coming off the books. Unfortunately, Pitta at 7.2 million is still on there.

That being said, Ozzie will have to do a much better job than he has done recently to get the Ravens competitive again. This is two straight years of catastrophic injuries. The year before it was the secondary , this year it's 58% of their payroll is off the field.

It's certainly grim this year, but the team has not been blown out this year. With some very high draft picks, and the injured guys coming back, things could turn around a bit. The keys are restructuring Flacco's contract, getting some safeties and receivers above all. The O line and D line, along with the linebackers are pretty good. Smith is a good CB, Webb probably now a nickel. Need good CB in draft.

The other thing that has killed them is the dead money. I think Ngata at 8 million, Rice at like 7 million, and Jacoby Jones at around 2.2 million are coming off the books. Unfortunately, Pitta at 7.2 million is still on there.

That being said, Ozzie will have to do a much better job than he has done recently to get the Ravens competitive again. This is two straight years of catastrophic injuries. The year before it was the secondary , this year it's 58% of their payroll is off the field.

You sure Flacco will restructure? I don't think they'll do anything to him if he said no.

You sure Flacco will restructure? I don't think they'll do anything to him if he said no.

I think the Ravens want Joe long term, and Joe wants to stay with the Ravens as its a short drive to his family in NJ. Joe will be ready, according to all reports, for the start of 2016. Joe has not been digging losing, so I'm pretty sure he will work with the organization to get his money, but help the team get better.

I think the Ravens want Joe long term, and Joe wants to stay with the Ravens as its a short drive to his family in NJ. Joe will be ready, according to all reports, for the start of 2016. Joe has not been digging losing, so I'm pretty sure he will work with the organization to get his money, but help the team get better.

I have to think the Ravens do not want him at the 21 mil number. His production the last 2 1/2 seasons does not justify paying him that type of money. I doubt Joe agrees to go lower though. Will be interesting to see how Ozzie/Harbaugh handle it.

Brutal. Feel bad for him.

That whole team has taken some heavy losses this year: Steve Smith Sr. Terrell Suggs, Justin Forsett, & now Joe Flacco. The only ray of light this year is Safety Ed Reed being honored in the Ravens Ring Of Honor. 

A tough season for Baltimore indeed. Ed Reed rocks though. I love that guy! 

I have to think the Ravens do not want him at the 21 mil number. His production the last 2 1/2 seasons does not justify paying him that type of money. I doubt Joe agrees to go lower though. Will be interesting to see how Ozzie/Harbaugh handle it.

His production has been fine. He has had no receivers to throw to after Boldin was let go, Torrey Smith left, and Smith went down. Throw out this year, and look what he has accomplished. I'm not saying he deserves top dollar, but he is definately a QB that is a proven winner in this league

That whole team has taken some heavy losses this year: Steve Smith Sr. Terrell Suggs, Justin Forsett, & now Joe Flacco. The only ray of light this year is Safety Ed Reed being honored in the Ravens Ring Of Honor.

A tough season for Baltimore indeed. Ed Reed rocks though. I love that guy!

You are right, the Ed Reed induction was the highlight of a bad season.

His production has been fine. He has had no receivers to throw to after Boldin was let go, Torrey Smith left, and Smith went down. Throw out this year, and look what he has accomplished. I'm not saying he deserves top dollar, but he is definately a QB that is a proven winner in this league

His production has been bottom third of league. That being said, he had his best season under Kubiak last year. Perhaps the Ravens can look at getting another OC that has a similar offensive approach?

You are right, the Ed Reed induction was the highlight of a bad season.

I felt horrible for Flacco when his own linemen rolled up on his leg. Ooh...The football gods have been harsh to Baltimore this year. It always bums me out when the Ravens have a down year since they are my favorite team in the AFC North. I was hoping Ed Reed wasn't going to be plagued by injuries in Houston at the end of his career too. 

Okay, that's it. I need to watch a highlight reel of Ed for nostalgic purposes now....

Reed is 1 of the nicest people around too, which always reminded me appearance wise anyway of that cool college professor who bucked tradition, did his own thing, & was revered for his independence. Miss you man. You were 1 of the greatest safeties this game has ever seen. Much respect man... :worthy:

Hey, This Old Crow does your original offer still stand? Have Ozzie Newsome help us draft offensive linemen & in return our GM Ryan Grigson will help you draft pro bowl WRs & TE's?  haha

I'm more than willing to help your franchise out temporarily due to the tremendous admiration I have for your team, your owner, & your head coach. 

I hope Ray Rice is doing alright too. He's a good man who just made one less than stellar decision in an elevator. I don't condone domestic violence. I'm just saying that's not who Ray really is. 

His production has been bottom third of league. That being said, he had his best season under Kubiak last year. Perhaps the Ravens can look at getting another OC that has a similar offensive approach?

Obviously, we didn't want to lose Kubiak, and Trestman is probably going to get fired. Look at all the OC's Joe has had. And again, he had receivers that wouldn't even start, or even make other teams. That is on Ozzie.

Hey, This Old Crow does your original offer still stand? Have Ozzie Newsome help us draft offensive linemen & in return our GM Ryan Grigson will help you draft pro bowl WRs & TE's? haha

I'm more than willing to help your franchise out temporarily due to the tremendous admiration I have for your team, your owner, & your head coach.

I hope Ray Rice is doing alright too. He's a good man who just made one less than stellar decision in an elevator. I don't condone domestic violence. I'm just saying that's not who Ray really is.

Irsay and Bisciotti should talk and get it done. I feel bad for Ray Rice. I think he's done his time, but no one will give him a second chance.

Irsay and Bisciotti should talk and get it done. I feel bad for Ray Rice. I think he's done his time, but no one will give him a second chance.

I agree 1,000% with your post TOC. It would be tremendous if we could lease each other's GM for a short while [2-3 draft sessions] & yes, I can't believe Greg Hardy is playing ball but Ray Rice isn't. 

A complete travesty if you ask me. I just hate to think that the elevator incident is the last thing Rice is known for in the NFL especially after he's been such a strong community leader in the past. It's too harsh & unfair IMO. 

I do seem to recall that owner Steve Bisciotti said at a Baltimore press conference that he would hire Ray Rice in some organizational capacity if no other teams came calling for his services. I respect that. Hades, I'd do the same darn thing if I was in his shoes too. Your franchise is a honorable one that always plays ball the right way & takes care of it's own. Bravo! 

I agree 1,000% with your post TOC. It would be tremendous if we could lease each other's GM for a short while [2-3 draft sessions] & yes, I can't believe Greg Hardy is playing ball but Ray Rice isn't.

A complete travesty if you ask me. I just hate to think that the elevator incident is the last thing Rice is known for in the NFL especially after he's been such a strong community leader in the past. It's too harsh & unfair IMO.

That is the thing people don't know. Other than that horrible incident, he was great in the community, and is currently still doing good works. His wife has forgiven him, but in this politically correct world where others get second chances, it seems there is none for Ray. It's a shame.

That is the thing people don't know. Other than that horrible incident, he was great in the community, and is currently still doing good works. His wife has forgiven him, but in this politically correct world where others get second chances, it seems there is none for Ray. It's a shame.

I read ya TOC, even though I don't live near Maryland, I do keep track of NFL athletes that serve their communities well from a kindness & humanitarian perspective. Ray's been perfect role model other than this 1 mishap. 

The other thing that bothers me too, just like you said, is that people make the false assumption that just because his fiancee married him that she was somehow coerced to do so. Ah no, she simply loves him & Ray agreed to go to counseling with her as a family. Sounds like Mr. Rice is being responsible & a loving husband & father to me. Just my take on it. 

Forgiveness is part of any good marriage & just because she never left him it doesn't make her foolish or naive. We all make mistakes & to Ray's credit, he's trying to make amends to his lovely wife & baby girl. 

I just don't like how the media jumped all over this story & tried to portray Ray as some sort of habitual abuser. Whoa...Back that train up man. Yes, striking the love of your life is wrong, but why did Ray's wife have to do an interview I think with Barbara Walters on 20/20 where she had to cry before the natl. media stopped seeing Ray as an evil pariah? Come on man. She's in pain & why are the crocodile tears warranted before the media says "Okay, maybe we were wrong in our initial assessment of Ray here?" Ray Rice isn't OJ Simpson man. Relax.  

His second chance has not come because of the DV incident but because GMs don't believe he can play anymore. AP, Hardy all got second chances because GMs felt they could still contribute at a high level and were right. Rice's last season in Baltimore was not pretty and combined with his age and wear and tear make him not a player worth signing right now.

I read ya TOC, even though I don't live near Maryland, I do keep track of NFL athletes that serve their communities well from a kindness & humanitarian perspective. Ray's been perfect role model other than this 1 mishap.

The other thing that bothers me too, just like you said, is that people make the false assumption that just because his fiancee married him that she was somehow coerced to do so. Ah no, she simply loves him & Ray agreed to go to counseling with her as a family. Sounds like Mr. Rice is being responsible & a loving husband & father to me. Just my take on it.

Forgiveness is part of any good marriage & just because she never left him it doesn't make her foolish or naive. We all make mistakes & to Ray's credit, he's trying to make amends to his lovely wife & baby girl.

I just don't like how the media jumped all over this story & tried to portray Ray as some sort of habitual abuser. Whoa...Back that train up man. Yes, striking the love of your life is wrong, but why did Ray's wife have to do an interview I think with Barbara Walters on 20/20 where she had to cry before the natl. media stopped seeing Ray as an evil pariah? Come on man. She's in pain & why are the crocodile tears warranted before the media says "Okay, maybe we were wrong in our initial assessment of Ray here?" Ray Rice isn't OJ Simpson man. Relax.

Totally agree.

His second chance has not come because of the DV incident but because GMs don't believe he can play anymore. AP, Hardy all got second chances because GMs felt they could still contribute at a high level and were right. Rice's last season in Baltimore was not pretty and combined with his age and wear and tear make him not a player worth signing right now.

This is also true. If he had a great year before he had an incident, he would be playing. He has tried out quietly for several teams, but maybe they didn't like what they saw. I wish the Ravens would give him a second chance with Forsett out. At 3-7, with Flacco out, it's all over. But I think Mr. B was extremely embarrassed by the whole episode and can't bring him back. But what's six games in a lost season ?