Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think these are good losses...

bap1331

It's kind of a toss up here as to which thread is worse:

This one or the one that compared Luck to Painter.

Certainly been a rough day around these parts, it has.

Yeah and also some people seem to think Luck has had this big time turnover issue ever since his rookie year.  The dude threw 9 interceptions and lost 2 fumbles in 2013, in 2014 he threw for almost 4800 yards and 40 TDs, I don't care if the dude had 16 INTs and lost 5 fumbles, lol.  Many of his turnovers came at the cost of the Colts nemesis, the Patriots.  Yeah there is something wrong with him this year, but he still can be a superstar no doubt.  People just blindly discredit what he's done in the last three years.  

Yeah and also some people seem to think Luck has had this big time turnover issue ever since his rookie year.  The dude threw 9 interceptions and lost 2 fumbles in 2013, in 2014 he threw for almost 4800 yards and 40 TDs, I don't care if the dude had 16 INTs and lost 5 fumbles, lol.  Many of his turnovers came at the cost of the Colts nemesis, the Patriots.  Yeah there is something wrong with him this year, but he still can be a superstar no doubt.  People just blindly discredit what he's done in the last three years.  

I know it's silly and just look at last night with his comeback, almost nobody can just flip a switch like that. I really thought we had it won once we got the lead. I guess that is why this loss sucks so bad.

I know it's silly and just look at last night with his comeback, almost nobody can just flip a switch like that. I really thought we had it won once we got the lead. I guess that is why this loss sucks so bad.

Yeah it was a pretty devastating loss.  That could've possibly changed the complexion of the season though I still think they would be routed by Denver.  It was just devastating on how Luck ended up throwing a pick in sudden death, that pick however was just a phenomenal play by Carolina's D.  On the flip side, maybe if the Colts had a D even remotely as serviceable as Carolina's, they would've won that game, haha!

Yeah and also some people seem to think Luck has had this big time turnover issue ever since his rookie year. The dude threw 9 interceptions and lost 2 fumbles in 2013, in 2014 he threw for almost 4800 yards and 40 TDs, I don't care if the dude had 16 INTs and lost 5 fumbles, lol. Many of his turnovers came at the cost of the Colts nemesis, the Patriots. Yeah there is something wrong with him this year, but he still can be a superstar no doubt. People just blindly discredit what he's done in the last three years.

I mentioned it in chat last night and I'll mention it here, because it's really kind of a " fact when it comes to Luck's interceptions:

A good percentage of his picks (and I'd be willing to bet it is around, or even over 50%) come on tipped passes. I've said it in years passed as well. He gets a significantly higher than normal amount of passes that are tipped and picked off.

Some of that is on him (for instance if he throws into triple coverage and they bounce it around before snagging it) but a lot of tipped pass interceptions aren't the fault of the passer.

People just look at the bottom line with Luck and go "he sucks!" But that's just not the whole story.

Yeah it was a pretty devastating loss.  That could've possibly changed the complexion of the season though I still think they would be routed by Denver.  It was just devastating on how Luck ended up throwing a pick in sudden death, that pick however was just a phenomenal play by Carolina's D.  On the flip side, maybe if the Colts had a D even remotely as serviceable as Carolina's, they would've won that game, haha!

Yeah the pick surprised me because Luck was in his usual great groove but it wasn't like he threw it right to the defender, still not a good throw. If our Defense just gets 1 stop we win, so very disappointing. I still haven't watched ESPN or the NFL Channel all day.

I mentioned it in chat last night and I'll mention it here, because it's really kind of a " fact when it comes to Luck's interceptions:

A good percentage of his picks (and I'd be willing to bet it is around, or even over 50%) come on tipped passes. I've said it in years passed as well. He gets a significantly higher than normal amount of passes that are tipped and picked off.

Some of that is on him (for instance if he throws into triple coverage and they bounce it around before snagging it) but a lot of tipped pass interceptions aren't the fault of the passer.

People just look at the bottom line with Luck and go "he sucks!" But that's just not the whole story.

Some have been on 40 or more yard passes too in a desperation attempt to make a big play on 3rd and long. Just look at the Playoff game at Denver last season, both of his picks were just that. Those are like Punts IMO.

Some have been on 40 or more yard passes too in a desperation attempt to make a big play on 3rd and long. Just look at the Playoff game at Denver last season, both of his picks were just that. Those are like Punts IMO.

It's all compounded by his bad read picks. A lot of those are pretty ugly. As in it looks like the defender was the intended target ugly.

This is just another reason why I hate it when people just cite stats as a indicator of how well a player does or does not play.

Stats are only a fraction of the story.