Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Envy The New Gm. I Dont

LUVTHESHOE

I am glad to see that we are shifting gears. Although BP had a pretty good run here, sometimes change is a good thing,with that being said I do feel for said new GM. Not only does he have a darn

go record to follow, he is walking into a serious hot button issue with this fan base, The Manning issue. There are so many ways this is going to go down and it is a given this will not set well with alot of the fan base. He is inheriting the number 1 pick and a bucket full of salary cap issues and the hiring of a new coach and free agents. I feel for said GM and wish him nothing but luck, but don't envy his job at all. If this board shows one thing it shows most of us are very passionate Colt fans who don't always agree, but someone out there is about to be handed the keys to our weekend baby and I hope they handle it with care.

There is speculation that Erick DeCosta of the Ravens would consider leaving for the opening in Indy! I posted a while back that he would be a great GM candidate! Figners crossed! Great run organization, similar style to how the Colts are... I think it would be a good fit.

I'm not so sure letting BP go was the right thing to do. I would much rather have seen Caldwell fired. I believe we should keep Manning and go for an elite RB and defensive players, like an outstanding CB and S, maybe even a couple of bigger linemen to put in the middle to help stuff the run. Wouldnt mind picking up a WR in free agency either if the price is right, say Plaxico Burress, thats just my oppinion tho. Go Colts!

There is speculation that Erick DeCosta of the Ravens would consider leaving for the opening in Indy! I posted a while back that he would be a great GM candidate! Figners crossed! Great run organization, similar style to how the Colts are... I think it would be a good fit.

Oh goody! Now they can whine for 25 years about how Erick DeCosta was stolen from them.

Oh jeeez......it might be a good fit, but I really don't want to hear for the next 20 years about how we stole their personnel director.