Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Actives/Inactives Vs Jets

TKnight24

Oh, Goodness.......... :facepalm:

I don't mean to take the wind out of your sails, but Mathis will likely play 10-15 snaps.

But without McGill and Kerr, that means we are down to FIVE (5) active bodies on the DL. Did I mention only five healthy DL?!?

Keep your fingers crossed that no one on the DL goes down tonight.

Last week we had 6 active defensive lineman and Kerr was the only one who got any significant snaps (17). The two backup DEs had 6 combined snaps. I expect to see Winn at backup NT and to also take some snaps at either DE spot. I think he's a major reason why they feel OK with 5 DLs this week.

I do agree that injuries are worrisome, but I'd be more worried about the effect long term than this game.

Last week we had 6 active defensive lineman and Kerr was the only one who got any significant snaps (17). The two backup DEs had 6 combined snaps. I expect to see Winn at backup NT and to also take some snaps at either DE spot. I think he's a major reason why they feel OK with 5 DLs this week.

I do agree that injuries are worrisome, but I'd be more worried about the effect long term than this game.

I'm writing this at the half....   as far as I can tell, when Parry comes out of the game on passing downs,  the person who's playing over the nose is.....   Henry Anderson.    And then it's guys like Okine rushing from the outside.

Smoke and mirrors and duct tape!

I'm writing this at the half....   as far as I can tell, when Parry comes out of the game on passing downs,  the person who's playing over the nose is.....   Henry Anderson.    And then it's guys like Okine rushing from the outside.

Smoke and mirrors and duct tape!

And yet the defensive line has been about the best looking unit these last two weeks (not saying much).

And yet the defensive line has been about the best looking unit these last two weeks (not saying much).

I've been happy with the d-line.  Heck I was happy with the defense as a whole tonight.  There is only so much you can do when your fifth corner becomes your number one corner during the game in the secondary.  Still the defense as a whole kept the Colts in this game way longer than they had any business being in the game based on how the offense was playing.  They just finally wore down.  The only thing I haven't liked from the defense is the lack of any kind of pass rush.  Werner was able to run Fitz into a sack tonight and I think Mathis got close on a play and speed the play up.  Other than that there has been no pressure on the QB at all.  Trent Cole has been a completely disappointment so far. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now