Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts Third Wr Spot

RockThatBlue

Agree about Dorsett he looks like a vet out there not a rookie

He was very impressive against the Eagles that's for sure.  The Bears game is kinda wash because he got hurt.  Still as soon as he came in the game he caught a pass over the middle.  More than you can really say for anyone else playing with our back up QBs right now.  I remember someone in the media saying the Colts thought Dorsett was going to be special which is why they drafted him.  Granted it's only really one game of the pre-season but the early returns are justifying what the Colts saw in him from a talent stand point.  Assuming he preform like this and he keeps developing I think we are going to be thrilled with the Dorsett pick in a couple of years and it could Manning with Marvin and Reggie 2.0 with Luck with Hilton and Dorsett. 

For what it's worth......

In this mornings (Saturday) story from Mike Wells at ESPN.com.....   he has this quote from Pagano on the Colts 3rd WR spot.

It's worth reading.....

Don’t be surprised if the No. 3 receiver spot changes throughout the season. “We’ve got a good group of wideouts,” coach Chuck Pagano said. “They’ve all got different skill sets. Some run faster than others. Some are underneath guys. Some are deep guys. We’re going to extenuate all their strengths.”

p.s. -- I don't think Pagano meant "extenuate"....   the word makes no sense in this context.    He meant "accentuate."   That word makes perfect sense in this context.

Well against the Eagles Dorset was matched up with maxwell and he was easily getting separation on such an aggressive corner who covers pretty good (better than toler before anyone decides to criticize the props I gave the man) and with every qb he's been the go to target mainly because he gets open and catches the ball can't hate on talent

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• To the bolded, it can definitely matter who signs someone first if both GMs are interested in the player. The issue is, the public usually doesn't know if a team that doesn't sign a player was interested in him because the GM isn't going to publicly admit he "missed" on a player. However, it happens a lot more than people think.    We see it as Adams didn't want to play here or some other reason, but it could have been Ballard didn't offer enough. That's been a pattern for a long time now that's repeated itself and Ballard has admitted that he places a price on a player and won't go over that. So a big possibility is Ballard is just cheap and players are signing with other teams for more money. 
    • The only one I really want is Simmons and he likely doesn't want to go through a camp as he doesn't have to. It allows the team to have a better feel what they have. If the staff is concerned and he's available then I think it's an option
    • Maybe at a pro level but I’m guessing they battle the same issues. When you lose weight it’s never just all muscle or all fat.  The three years I played I would lose at least 10lbs through the season. Wasn’t able to lift like I did in the offseason bc something always hurt. Nearly half of the weeks were mostly stretching and cardio trying to let the body heal. 
    • Im not expecting anything from the Colts ant least in the short term.  Assuming the Colts are even interested in either Simmons or Diggs I think those guys will wait for camp and an inevitable injury.  That will motivate teams to up their offer.   And that would — in theory — include the Colts.   I’m not expecting anything from the Colts until Aug 1 at the earliest.      I’d like a signing, so I hope I’m wrong and a quality signing happens sooner than later.    
    • You may be right about the Colts. But I sure hope not. 
  • Members

• smittywerb

smittywerb 1,520

• CR91

CR91 12,925

• Kc77

Kc77 11

Rookie
    • Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life 4,303

• krunk

krunk 8,453