Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

trade Werner/Thomas plus a 5th and a 6th

For a mid third and fourth this year and a 4th next year. I know this won't happen but we need two more picks there might be a chance to move up in the mid second and third. If we got any laverage or players that might have some to any trade value I think we should pull the trigger on a trade even if it means trading a 7,6,5th and Warner and Thomas. Another move would be to package our second, werner, 5th this year and 4th next year for a mid second, and third this year, and a 4th next year

Why would we need too more picks if we already have 9? Also who wants to trade for Werner or Thomas...

we need higher value picks that's why I think we should try and pull the trigger on a trade. we might as well get something for Warner and Thomas before we get rid of them they're not going to command nothing but a low round pick so that's why you package Warner and Thomas plus a 5th and 6th to try to at least get a 3rd and 4th mid round pick. Or we can send our 2nd and 5 round pick this year Warner and Thomas to try and move up in the mid second this year and a third, fourth next year

I was thinking about how we could get up into the top of the second and keep our own second. Using Werner, I'd be fine with. Question is how much value would he bring to the team? Let say we trade Werner+ our 3rd round this year, I'm just not sure that would be enough to get into the top 5 picks in the second. Maybe if the team they trade with values Werner's skill set. I'd doubt anyone wants Thomas in a trade. He has zero worth unless his contract was at minimum. We shall see what we do but I'd almost expect a trade up in some fashion in the second round here. I don't want it to involve next years #1 pick though.