Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everybody, Please.

RealityIsLuck

I swear some of you guys must not have been Colts fans for the last 15 years, because this is the EXACT recipe that allowed us to win only one Super Bowl while having the best QB in the game.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.....or something like that.

I feel your frustration Peytonator; I truly do. The old formula is well known: Offense sells tickets. Defense wins Championships. I'm giving Grigs the benefit of the doubt here & I pray my leap of faith is not misplaced.

Eric Clapton help me out here man. I'm trying to see the glass half full right now as opposed to empty, but it's not easy. LOL! I know; I know it's always darkest before the dawn right...

i don't agree with the pick, but there is some upside.  Hopefully he can be our randell cobb.  He could really help on 3rd down and secure our WR group for years to come.  Also, we have the rest of the draft.  Don't be surprise if we trade up.  Dorsett can really help us on 3rd down which really hurt us the last couple of years. Which puts our defense on the field all the time.  At least the middle will be wide open.  

Granted while I didn't anticipate selecting a WR with 28 overall pick, I laughed outloud when GB's GM Ted Thompson picked Demarcus Randall at free safety somebody INDY could have used with the very next pick. 

Oh well, he's a Colt right now Dorsett I mean so I better embrace him & get with the program I suppose. No use in crying over spilled milk. 

blou2_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

What really blows me about the pick :Gaah: is that Grigson just literally spent his pre draft interview praising :worthy: :worthy: Landon Collins only to have him fall in his lap and he passes on him

I just don't get it. Why are you throwing smoke screens? Was he tryna get a team to trade with us or something?

:scorebad:

Granted while I didn't anticipate selecting a WR with 28 overall pick, I laughed outloud when GB's GM Ted Thompson picked Demarcus Randall at free safety somebody INDY could have used with the very next pick.

Oh well, he's a Colt right now Dorsett I mean so I better embrace him & get with the program I suppose. No use in crying over spilled milk.

2013 all over again

Picked Werner, Rhodes went next :facepalm:

EVEN if we had a first round pick need for a WR this would STILL be an awful pick! Sure he's fast, but he never played fast. Not only that, he has stone hands, I've watched him play for 4 years!!

DBG would have been a better pick if we were to go WR..BUT!!

We need a run stuffing DT (Goldman, Brown)

We need a run stuffing MLB (Take your pick, the UCLA and MSU kids still there).

We need a safety (Not really high on Collins, but Randal and other still on the board)

We could use a CB (PJ Williams)

Or we could take a chance on a guy like Gregory, a top 5-10 talent with issues.

OR, TJ Clemmings would have been a nice addition.

WASTE of a pick IMO, fast with stone hands, isn't that a Raider thing??

Stop overreacting!!!!! That didn't happen.  lol    ;)

Ha...... 

I'm afraid that may happen again, and again and again. IMO, a first round pick had better be able to contribute on day 1. With all the talent that was available, the 1st round pick needs to be able to have immediate impact. Maybe Dorsett gives us this, and I sure hop he does. But we had a shot at a number of defensive players who could've done just that. 

Trent didn't do that for us, and he was a 1st round pick in his second year. Werner hasn't done that, and he's had 2 seasons. Malcom Brown would've done that, I guarantee it. 

When I saw NE pick him, my heart sank. 

What a twist of cruel irony. 

Dorsett wont even play next year. 

maybe when andre is gone he will see the field. 

It's more likely Moncriefs time that Dorsett might eat into, not AJ's.... It'll be TY and AJ starting with Moncrief and Dorsett rotating in and out.

Ha...... 

I'm afraid that may happen again, and again and again. IMO, a first round pick had better be able to contribute on day 1. With all the talent that was available, the 1st round pick needs to be able to have immediate impact...But we had a shot at a number of defensive players who could've done just that. 

Trent didn't do that for us, and he was a 1st round pick in his second year. Werner hasn't done that, and he's had 2 seasons. Malcom Brown would've done that, I guarantee it. 

When I saw NE pick him, my heart sank. 

What a twist of cruel irony. 

Exactly ruksak, you finally articulated why I was so ticked off last night. Thank you. This is why I get upset with best player available rhetoric because it fails to address what got us knocked off the field this year. 

Did any TV broadcaster say "You know the Colts are 1 WR away from winning a SB?" Absolutely not. The Cowboys, Steelers, & Patriots ran all over INDY like it was an individual combine drill with no competition 1 on 1 whatsoever. 

Just chill out. This T.Y. talk is so dumb. The Colts stuck to their board and took their best available player. Philip Dorsett may not make too much sense right now, but Andre Johnson is every old, and he'll be gone pretty soon. We need a future #2. You can never have too many Weapons, No matter how big of a need DL or DBs may of been, you always take BPA. DO not draft by need or else you won't have very talented players on you roster. Dorsett is a great weapon, who can come in and help in the rotation. This T.Y. talk makes me want to rip my hair out because he's not going anywhere. You can never be too safe, you can never have too many weapons, or go wrong picking you BPA over need based.

So please, just calm down. T.Y. is NOT going anywhere, Enjoy Dorsett and the monster our offense will be next year.

Could have swore the "Monster" Grigson and Pagano were talking about when they first mentioned that word, was referencing a big physical team particularly in the trenches. Also, I'm pretty sure I remember Pagano saying their goal when he was hired was to stop the run and run the football. Sure looks like we're doing the opposite with all the weapons in the passing game and lack of talent on defense.

Did any TV broadcaster say "You know the Colts are 1 WR away from winning a SB?" Absolutely not. 

Beautifully wordsmithed, SW1. 

I believe the broadcasters typically said "Wow, Indy's defense sucks" [paraphrasing]

Im all.for adding more talent up front especially on D. But people need to realize how young our guys are up front on defense. You got Chapman who had his first year as full time starter, 3rd year player. Hughes who was a second year guy getting rotational work. Then Kerr an UDFA. Jones, Redding and RJF were the only real vets. Our young guys are still developing. People need to grab hold of thing called PATIENCE!!! Sometimes it takes time.