Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some Of The Worst Calls Ever

Go Blue Horseshoe

So how do you solve the problem of launching head first into your opponent with the sole purpose of inflicting injury, not stopping the play. Especially if you are not big enough or strong enough to play the game any other way.

I know, cut the top out of the helmet so it looks kinda like the head cover boxers use when they spar. Just keep the same material as football uses now, and keep the face mask.

Enh they silly rule to me is more the defender being down on the ground and have to reestablish himself on his feet before he can go low on a QB. That's a bit over the top.

Launching is a problem no question, but I am not sure if I would said Bethea launched himself, it looked more to me like the WR leaned his head into Bethea. By the rule that's a flag and I have no issue with that. My question is can the rule be adjusted to address that kind of play where it's the WR that causes the contract. Probably not which in that case the league is always going to lean towards the side of safety and I understand that.

when you put on that helmet you know your putting your life on the line to play this game. injuries are gonna happen its a part of the game and i know the league is just trying to protect the players but there is a fine line between protecting the players and not treating them like men.

So put leather helmets back on 'em, like REAL men.

Launching is a problem no question, but I am not sure if I would said Bethea launched himself, it looked more to me like the WR leaned his head into Bethea. By the rule that's a flag and I have no issue with that.

Yeah, the contact was almost incidental. But like you said, it's the rule, it's a flag. Not a judgement call anymore.

The colts were 1-13 going into that game. The Texans had free reign over OUR division this season. Every game has a few questionable/bad calls. If a few odd-ball calls caused them to lose to a 1-13 "terrible" team, then whats that say about them?

ONE and DONE!

As far as the Bethea call,yes that was well let's just say hooey,lol.It was incidental AND it gave Houston another set of downs.I know Lucas was deafening with the boos and even Caldwell was pretty well steamed.

The problem is how do you try to protect players from people like Suh who go out there with the intention of purposefully permanently injuring someone and yet try to avoid calls involving incidental contact,pretty big grey area.

Props to our Colts for overcoming this call and the unbelievable fumble recovery to hold them and come back for the win, :applause: .