Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reality's Colts Mock 5.0

This is most likely my second last mock before the draft. For those of you who don't know, I posted my 2 Round mock and Top 64. I will be following those picks for the last rounds of the draft, so players taken will not be available and the first 2 picks will be the same.

Heres the link for that- http://forums.colts.com/topic/37676-realitys-2-round-nfl-mock-top-64/and without further a due, here is my 5.0 Mock!

Round 1- Marcus Peters, CB, Washington, 6'0, 197lbs, 31 1/2 arms, 4.53 40, 17 bench.

Peters is one of my favorite players in this whole class. He has all the physical tools to become a Elite CB in the league. He has tremendous skill, but a major flaw. His tarty character, he is 'not a coaches player'. In November, and was not allowed back. He is not troubled off the field, but it is the character concerns that are the problem. He's got great hips, foot quickness and is very strong. He is tremendous blitzing, and has great ball skills. He's a great tackler for the CB position and would be a carbon copy of Vontae Davis. With the right situation, Peters could be a TOP 5 CB in the league, but with the wrong situation he could be out of the league in 5 years. Very risky but the reward is very worth it. Peters would be a great fit as the 2nd outside CB, moving Toler to the slot, Butler to hybrid S/CB and would let Toler walk at the end of the year.

Round 2- Carl Davis, DT/5 tech, Iowa, 6'5, 320 lbs, 5.07 40, 34 5/8 arms, 27 bench.

Carl Davis is an extremely talented player. He would slide right in and play on the DL, he could come off the bench and come on for breathers, in a year or two, he could take over for Kendall Langford. Davis is an extremely talented and powerful player. He has the frame to be a tremendous 5 technique at 6'5 320. He is great against double teams and has a great swim move. He is a power kid who is stout against the run, quick into the backfield and gets adequate pass rush. The major concern is that he runs very hot and cold and can disappear for large stretches of the schedule and be a completely different guy 2 weeks later.

Round 3- Mike Davis, RB, S. Carolina, 214 lbs, 4.52 40, 35 1/2 vert.

Davis is a all around back that would fit in perfectly with the Colts. He would be a great compliment to Gore (Power), Herron (Shiftier, Receiver). Davis is a powerful runner with some speed, a great pair of hands and good vision. He really can do it all. He's got tons of potential  and would be a great addition to the rotation. He could come in in the 3rd as all the elite backs at this point are gone, so he could take him time to develop into a special kid, and in the mean time he could help the rotation. He's a complete back that would be a great addition

**Trade** Colts send 4th, 5th to Minnesoda for pick 110 in the 4th.

Round 4 (110)- Ibrahiem Campbell, S, Northwestern, 5'11, 208lbs, 30 3/8 arm, 23 bench.

Campbell is my favorite Safety prospect in this draft. He is extremely versatile S that plays very physical and always ends up around the ball. He plays in the box and is extremely physical. If you use him right in your scheme, he'll thrive and could be a starting safety. He is considered a leader by all his teammates at Northwestern, and plays with tremendous leverage for a S. He springs into tackles aggressively and with authority. Could be a great addition to the D.

Round 6- Terry Williams, NT, East Carolina, 5'11, 329 lbs, 22 bench. 

Williams is a huge sleeper in this draft. He barely played for a small school (East Carolina). He's got some off the field problems, and wasn't a great character and leader. He's got a good motor for his size and is a great tackler. He's quick off the snap and has good range in the run game. Would be a tremendous addition to the DL rotation. 

Round 6- Markus Rush, OLB, 6'3, 251 lbs

Rush is an athletic freak who is a tremendous prospect. He is extremely underrated and over looked. He was a huge contributor to the Spartys defense last year (7.5 Sacks, 12 TFLs) and he gives me a feel a lot like Johnathan Newsome did last year when he was one of my favorite prospects. He had a tremendous pro day that turned some heads. Lots of potential.

Round 7- Bud Sasser, WR, Missouri, 6'2, 4.52 40, 219 lbs.

Under the radar kid that has lots of game speed and lateral quickness to go along with great size. He doesn't run great routes but he makes up for it in size/speed. He has good hands and has a common outcome of great deep catches, but his hands can hiccup at times for some easy drops.

Round 7- Eric Lefeld, OT, Cincinnati, 6'6, 315 lbs.

OL Depth. Great size, uses length well and has tremendous extension. He lacks at uses his power in his legs to straighline dominate a man. With some proper development he could be a decent back-up, which would be an okay outcome for the second last pick in the draft. 

--2015 Roster--

Offense: 

Luck/Hasselbeck

Gore/Davis/Herron/Ballard

Hilton/Johnson/Moncrief/Carter/Brown/Sasser

Fleener/Allen/Doyle

Costonzo/Rietz

Mewhort/Thomas

Holmes/Harrison

Herremans/Louis/Heenan

Cherilus/John/Lefeld

Defense:

Jones/Hughes/Okine/Pendlington

Chapman/Kerr/Williams

Langford/Davis/Quarles

Mathis/Newsome/Werner

Jackson/Freeman/Irving/Muamba

Cole/Walden/Rush

Davis/Peters/Toler/Butler/Price/Brown

Adams/McDonald/Guy

Campbell/Lowery/Anderson

Let me know what you think and GO COLTS!

I like David Cobb over Mike Davis but good mock!

Thanks, I like Cobb too, It's just Davis won me over when he showed his 4.38 40 (pro day) to go a long with hands, power, blocking, speed he really has it all. I think Cobb is missing the power and pass protection away from being a ability to do it all.

I'd take this draft in a heartbeat. But Davis won't be there that late in the 2nd.

Great mock. But I agree that Davis is  by no means less than a mid 2. The Colts won't get him without reaching at 1 or trading up to get him at 2.

I'd take this draft in a heartbeat. But Davis won't be there that late in the 2nd.

I agree, i would rather take T Donovan Smith in the second who is more likely to be there and will fit as a good back up when Cherilus eventually gets injured, and use the 7th rounder to get a developmental player at a position with not a real need to make an impact right away to allow them to develop

Great mock. But I agree that Davis is by no means less than a mid 2. The Colts won't get him without reaching at 1 or trading up to get him at 2.

I've seen Davis anywhere from the late first, to the middle/end of the 2nd.. I'm not sure what his value is but he's a top 50 player in my mind.

To you and anyone else talking about Carl Davis to 61:

Here's my 2 round mock, this is why I think Davis will be there. He's very talented but I think Preston Smith is a better Interior line man. You can check that mock out here- http://forums.colts.com/topic/37676-realitys-2-round-nfl-mock-top-64/it was an honest mock, no bias just how I saw thing playing out.