Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg Cosell looks at the RB class...

He examines 10 backs,  I assume they're his top-10.

He starts with Gurley and doesn't say much beyond he's clearly the best.    He goes into more details with the other nine RB's.

I think you'll find some of his views interesting and somewhat surprising....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-cosell-s-nfl-draft-preview--examining-the-top-running-backs-in-a-great-class-184532748.html;_ylt=AwrBJR7f4S1VSyAAEsPQtDMD

My favorite Backs are ranked:

1.Gurley

2.Gordon

3.Abdullah

4.Johson

5.John Crockett

6.Terron Ward

Those last two are not getting the buzz that the first 4 on my list are getting but both are going to be good Backs in the NFL if they land on the right team and get a shot, I can see both being 1500 yard Backs total yards if they can stay healthy

I can only speak about WI RB Melvin Gordon since I saw a lot of his games last year. Gordon isn't as good as he needs to be in pass protection or blitz pickup on the NFL level. He just isn't. Don't just get enamored with speed. "Too many times he was tentative when the point of attack was muddled." BINGO! 

Can Andrew Luck trust Gordon to pick up a pass rusher & give Chewbacca a few extra seconds to make a critical completion? Right now no. As a matter of fact, Gordon would probably get Andrew seriously hurt if he needed to just throw the ball away. I just don't trust Melvin at all in essential passing situations & that's why I'd never draft him for INDY & I sincerely mean that too. 

I know Peytonator is high on Gordon & I admire his conviction on Melvin I truly do, but the all purpose stud Eddie Lacy Gordon will never ever be.