Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Is Our #1 Overall Pick Worth?

On ESPN (granted its ESPN, but I think it was from mort) that he thinks it would be worth 3 1sts and 2 2nds. That means

Browns top 10 pick

Browns 22ish pick

colts pick 33

browns pick (38-43)

colts pick 65

plus the rest of the rounds

browns pick (probably top 10)

colts pick (26-32)

browns pick (lets say 42)

that, to me, seems worth it. We get a chance to get a LOT of good/great players out of that. It also gives us an opportunity to rebuild quickly as we have a lot of players/positions we need to replace talent.

Think, in the near future we absolutely need a Center, 2 DE's (most likely), 1-2 WR (depending on garcon), 1-2CB, S and probably a guard or two. Not to mention more for other players that will be leaving. And players for depth.

This team has many needs, not just a qb for the future.

for the record i realize that isnt likely. but also here is what i would like to see with those picks

Browns 1: Claiborne. suddenly our CB's become much better with powers playing CB2

Browns other 1: Peter Konz C/G.... Saturday's replacement. now or whenever he retires

Colts 2: Kendall Wright or Nick Toon. Reggie isnt likely coming back, and if he does it wont be for a long time. we need a replacement

Browns 2: Mark Barron SS Our secondary could go from weakness to strength in a hurry.

2013 browns 1: Either its high enough to grab Tyler wilson or Barkley, or we trade our 1 plus browns 1 to move up a little to get one of them.

IF, and thats a big IF this were to happen, the colts would have solved a lot of their problems in a hurry assuming most of these players pan out the way they should. granted thats a bold assumption, but i could see it happening.

for the record i realize that isnt likely. but also here is what i would like to see with those picks

Browns 1: Claiborne. suddenly our CB's become much better with powers playing CB2

Browns other 1: Peter Konz C/G.... Saturday's replacement. now or whenever he retires

Colts 2: Kendall Wright or Nick Toon. Reggie isnt likely coming back, and if he does it wont be for a long time. we need a replacement

Browns 2: Mark Barron SS Our secondary could go from weakness to strength in a hurry.

2013 browns 1: Either its high enough to grab Tyler wilson or Barkley, or we trade our 1 plus browns 1 to move up a little to get one of them.

IF, and thats a big IF this were to happen, the colts would have solved a lot of their problems in a hurry assuming most of these players pan out the way they should. granted thats a bold assumption, but i could see it happening.

Personally, i would rather put Pollak at C if Saturday retires, and use that second 1st round pick on OG David DeCastro...and if we wanted Mark Barron, we would be lucky if he fell to OUR 2nd round pick, let alone the Browns' second...but i would like to have Barron.

For me, IF we were lucky enough to pull off a trade with the Browns like that, i would prefer

1. Justin Blackmon

1a. David DeCastro

2. Mark Barron

2a. Best NT or CB available (and hopefully we can pick up either a NT or CB in free agency, depending on which we address in the draft)

I am with you guys with trading down, as it has been my preference all along! But after watching the NFL network and not one analysis say they would trade the pick and after the Polian article about not trading the pick, it seems as if we are the only ones who feel this way... though any NFL executive should always entertain trading a #1 pick, as it could better the TEAM! Maybe the Colts can get the 2nd or 3rd pick of the draft and trade down with Miami or Washington for a few picks so they can grab Griffin...because I feel if the Colts were/are #1 it would be Luck no matter Manning healthy or not... which is not smart!

Finally I have found a place where people are making sense! First post so I'm sure this has been exhausted, but TRADE THE LUCK PICK! We could be Lombardi contenders for the next 5yrs. I say 2 #1s, three 2s, and two 3's. The Dolphins will do it. I'm so sick of hearing these know-nothings lump Peyton in with Farve, Montana, etc. Those guys were beat the F up, Montana was 70% system (like Tommy hair plugs). I havent been up-to-date on the scouting, but we get Blackmon or the best safety/DB, a freak TE ala Jared Cook, a beast LB...My head just explodes when I see these guys wanting a rookie Peyton-lite instead of a guy who does more for his team than any player in history. Are pitchers still good at 39? Assuming he makes a full-recovery--or even 90% arm strength(uhhh, a 6'5 Drew Brees??) he'll have 5yrs left of champ-caliber play. Can you imagine an old Peyton as a "game-manager" in his twilight? Good grief. Give the man some sort of D & its a 25% chance of winning a super bowl. Notice Brady has to deal with what Pewyton has ever since the Super Bowl win - no secondary. And he has Belicheck to feed him every thought for his kro-mag head. Sorry to drone buy I just had to let off some steam, and I havent even scratched the surface. i havent read any threads, 1st time even on this site/forum, I just had to come talk to like minded people before I jump out of the window.

Obviously if he cant go, all bets are off, but if the colts kept Luck and force a 90% Manning (e.g.Tall Brees) to walk, the franchise wont SNIFF a 10yr, 10+ wins per-like era ever again. Luck should be good & all, but he throws play-action passes in the soft Pac. Hopefully he gains some arm strength. The best similarity I see is durability (and throwing style--with less zip). Ok I'm done. Thanks for reading, I have no doubt I just rewrote what any sane person already has already posted, but it feels good to let my some steam out on xmas. Disclaimer: I am a huge Vols fan, so peyton leaving the Colts would ytake me from the Colts. I like Andy Luck enough to still pull for the Colts if he comes, but I just know Ive never seen QB play in 30yrs of watching football like #18 has given me. If The Pats hadnt spied their way through the early 2000s maybe we wouldnt have to hear these outrageous comparisons to Brett farve & (gag) Mcnabb. I think Bill Polian is just embarrassed the emperor had no clothes once 18 was out. Hey Bill: If you spend a pick on a qb higher than the 4th round--with a healthy Manning, you're INSANE. Be glad 18 built your stadium & made all you coaches & management look like well-dressed emperors for the last decade. ;) Next post will be how I REALLY feel.