Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CFF Player Profile: Leonard Williams

“Reactive, not active”. Does that mean he doesn't sack the QB enough, but he's a solid run stuffer? 

Listening to than 2 minute clip at the bottom of the page is a bit confusing because is the guy just nit picking or is he saying that Leonard Williams is just not playing as great as his physical attributes would indicate? I have no idea. Be decisive, make an assessment, & stick to your guns. I dislike neutral, wishy washy guys. It drives me nuts. 

You increase your notoriety & audience when you take a stand & other listeners say what the hades are you talking about man you're crazy or yeah, Leonard's motor is inconsistent so I'd pass on him.

Mike Mayock raved about him. 

I am a firm believer though that if a talented guy with ungodly athleticism gets a DC who instills a killer persona in a pass rusher any guy will flourish even if they took plays off in college. 

The killer instinct comes once the speed of the game slows down, proper leverage is learned, & where you hit the guy across from you with your 1st contact with your hand placement.

The NFL is all about shedding double teams & turning your opponent either sideways or backwards. 

“Reactive, not active”. Does that mean he doesn't sack the QB enough, but he's a solid run stuffer? 

It means he reacts to the play instead of anticipating or reading it. To use a comparison using a different position, it's the equivalent of a cornerback who waits for the ball to be thrown before he tries to jump the route instead of reading the QBs eyes and using anticipation to break on the ball before it's thrown. 

It means he reacts to the play instead of anticipating or reading it. To use a comparison using a different position, it's the equivalent of a cornerback who waits for the ball to be thrown before he tries to jump the route instead of reading the QBs eyes and using anticipation to break on the ball before it's thrown. 

Thanks for the explanation Dustin. I appreciate it. 

I don't think Williams is going to live up to his draft billing. Having a good season against some very bad Pac-12 OL's leave me with question marks.

Williams reminds me a lot of Tyson Alualu and I remember the hype Alualu got at Cal and he was considered a top-5 pick but ended up sliding to 9th or 10th I believe. He's pretty much had a decently average career.

Pac-12 DL scare the sht out of me that high in the draft because so few have gone to do anything in the pros.