Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dont'a Hightower out for 6-7 months

SteelCityColt

Well then, they will be addressing linebacker in the first round unless they expect him back sooner

I dont see them doing that, Jerod Mayo can fill in for Hightower until hes back 100%.  Patriots should have one of the best linebacking cores in the NFL next year with Collins, Mayo and Hightower

I dont see them doing that, Jerod Mayo can fill in for Hightower until hes back 100%.  Patriots should have one of the best linebacking cores in the NFL next year with Collins, Mayo and Hightower

Looking at your username, it isn't surprising you would have faith in Mayo :) Belichek will have something up his sleeve I'm sure, always does

I am wondering if they may ask Mayo to restructure in June. He is making a lot of money and they will need some of that for Hightower after this season. What do you think?

I am wondering if they may ask Mayo to restructure in June. He is making a lot of money and they will need some of that for Hightower after this season. What do you think?

I think as soon as he can pass a physical they'll ask him to restructure, and after collecting some serious money for 2 straight years in the ice tub, I think that he'll be open to doing that (I hope)

He's been battling this shoulder issue on and off for a couple of years now, so it's good he's getting it taken care of. Even if he starts on PUP that's alright, they'll fill in during the short-term one way or another. 

Hightower's a guy who's really improved from a strong rookie year. He's much better in coverage now and is a huge part of their defense moving forward.