Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

49ers sign star rugby player Jarryd Hayne

Given that American Football really got it's origins from Rugby, I wish him the best. I don't even know why we call it "football" anyway since it really is a tactical micro management version of Rugby. Just with shoulder pads, steroids, and the lovely male soap opera drama of "he said this, I said that" drama in the media. "Football" on the other hand is really Soccer, which even the word 'Soccer' has it's origins as a slang word in reference to an association. (Football stands for that version of the sport everywhere else in the world but here sadly) 

I wish him all the success Adongo has received...

Two differences with Adongo.

1. Hayne played Rugby League.  Adongo played Rugby Union.  These 2 sports are completely different like ice hockey and field hockey.

2. Adongo was a nobody in Rugby Union while Hayne was an absolute superstar who played at the highest level in Rugby League.

This story is being closely watched and reported on down here in Australia and New Zealand which is good advertising for the NFL

Truly hilarious.  He was playing for a 2nd division team in a 2nd tier competition here in New Zealand.

I could name 200 players that were easily better then him off the top of my head.

The power of the media. It is nice to get a truth once in a while. I don't know watch but I believe what you are saying. Makes you wonder why him?

Truly hilarious.  He was playing for a 2nd division team in a 2nd tier competition here in New Zealand.

I could name 200 players that were easily better then him off the top of my head.

I am guessing Colts sign an average player from a second tier league wouldn't have been a great story.