Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami (+7.5) @ New England (12-14-14)

oldunclemark

CBS - 1 p.m. EST = Sunny and 40 over-under - 48

New England clinches the AFC East with a win. Miami has already lost to KC (7-6) and Baltimore (8-5)

They aren't eliminated with a loss but they might as well be..

Three Miami wins and 3 NE losses gives the AFC East to Miami but NE plays the Jets (2-11) next

NE DE Chandler Jones and LB Donta Hightower may return..

Tom Brady (321 of 496, 3,560) has 30 touchdowns and 7 INTs

Rob Gronkowski (73 catches, 997 yards) Julian Edelman (85 catches, 884 yards) and Brandon LaFell (57 catches, 753 yards) all closing in on 1,000 yards

Pats average just 3.9 per rush..but they have 305 first downs in 13 games (think about it)

NE defense has allowed 350 yards per game..

Miami QB Ryan Tannehill 21 TDs, 9 INTs,,has been sacked 34 times..6 times last week

DE Camerion Wake has nine sacks

Miami has scored only 93 points in the last 5 games (18.6 per game) and they're toast if they score 19 Sunday

I like Miami getting 7.5...Realistically this is it for the Dolphins and the weather will be OK for them

This looks like an 'under' because Miami juts cant put up points

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBS - 1 p.m. EST = Sunny and 40 over-under - 48

New England clinches the AFC East with a win. Miami has already lost to KC (7-6) and Baltimore (8-5)

They aren't eliminated with a loss but they might as well be..

Three Miami wins and 3 NE losses gives the AFC East to Miami but NE plays the Jets (2-11) next

NE DE Chandler Jones and LB Donta Hightower may return..

Tom Brady (321 of 496, 3,560) has 30 touchdowns and 7 INTs

Rob Gronkowski (73 catches, 997 yards) Julian Edelman (85 catches, 884 yards) and Brandon LaFell (57 catches, 753 yards) all closing in on 1,000 yards

Pats average just 3.9 per rush..but they have 305 first downs in 13 games (think about it)

NE defense has allowed 350 yards per game..

Miami QB Ryan Tannehill 21 TDs, 9 INTs,,has been sacked 34 times..6 times last week

DE Camerion Wake has nine sacks

Miami has scored only 93 points in the last 5 games (18.6 per game) and they're toast if they score 19 Sunday

I like Miami getting 7.5...Realistically this is it for the Dolphins and the weather will be OK for them

This looks like an 'under' because Miami juts cant put up points

I'd like to see and hope the Pats sit Jones and Hightower till the playoffs and give them enough time to heal and let them have fresh legs.  These last 3 remaining games are important like all games but the Phins, Jets and Bills aren't power house elite teams and we seen the Pats be able to beat teams without Jones and Hightower.

I think Brady finishes with 37 td's and 10 int's for the season.

I think the Pats/Phins game will be a good competitive game.  Pats win by a TD.  27-21.

The weather forecast has clear skies and will be in the high 30's to low 40's around kick off and possibly down into the 30's by the 4th quarter.

I feel the Pats will pressure Tanny all game as they had no Browner back in week 1 and were still figuring things out in the secondary. They are also better vs the run then they were in week 1 when Moreno torched them.

Offensively, I have to think they will try to run in this game to keep the pressure off of Brady. Miami can really rush so they have to neutralize with runs and play action.

Spread seems high to me but I expect the Pats to win without too much difficulty.

They should not, cannot let up... maintaining the #1 seed and home-field is too important to rest players who are capable of suiting up. Last season they were in a similar position and Miami beat them (albeit in Miami that time), forcing them to go to Denver for the AFCCG. The path of least resistance to the Super Bowl is to make sure you play at home in January.

All of their remaining games are at 1:00 so it's not like they can see how teams did earlier in the day and adjust accordingly. This is no time to take your foot off the gas pedal. Gotta finish strong here.

Listen to GoP.

You should rest injured players but the No.1 seed is everything..

Pats may clinch the No.1 seed if they win the next 2 if Denver loses at either SD or Cincy.

....But bottom line: New England will lose the AFC title game in Denver

Denver will lose the AFC title game in New England.

We can all argue that's not true but ...well... it is

Listen to GoP.

Pats may clinch the No.1 seed if they win the next 2 if Denver loses at either SD or Cincy.

I'm not afraid of Denver in Denver at all. Patriots dominated them this season. HF doesn't help THAT much.

I'm not afraid of Denver in Denver at all. Patriots dominated them this season. HF doesn't help THAT much.

I think NE can beat Denver in Denver, but don't think Denver can beat NE in NE. 

So I'd rather make them play here. Gillette is a legit house of horrors for Manning, especially in January...

They should not, cannot let up... maintaining the #1 seed and home-field is too important to rest players who are capable of suiting up. Last season they were in a similar position and Miami beat them (albeit in Miami that time), forcing them to go to Denver for the AFCCG. The path of least resistance to the Super Bowl is to make sure you play at home in January.

All of their remaining games are at 1:00 so it's not like they can see how teams did earlier in the day and adjust accordingly. This is no time to take your foot off the gas pedal. Gotta finish strong here.

I agree but I think this Pats team is much better than last year's version especially defensively and that travels well as we learned when we went to Indy, GB and SD. I like the Pats even on the road this year especially vs Denver who do not look nearly as good back when we played them.

Listen to GoP.

The bold print above can be picked apart so easily.

Last season the Pats had to rely heavily on Talib in the secondary.  He couldn't stay healthy.  The Pats offense and defense now in 2014 is better and able to win on the road.

Denver has big problems on offense.  They're slowly turning into a shell of themselves on offense.  They're WR's and TE's are banged up.  Manning is throwing up ducks.  They're having to rely on running the ball.  As the weather gets colder and colder it's affecting Manning and his timing with his offense.  They got so desperate they had to bring in Richie Incognito.

The Pats can go into Denver and beat the Broncos.  It would be harder for the Pats to go into Baltimore or Pitt and beat those AFC North teams.  In fact it would be a tougher challenge for the Pats to beat the Ravens or Steelers at home than to beat the Broncos in Denver.

Pats' D did a good job against the Chargers in SD without Jones or Hightower.  They can do a good job in NE against MIA who will be playing in 35 degree weather without Jones or Hightower.

Bringing back players too soon is not good, just like what they did to Gronk last year.

The only thing that will prevent the Pats from reaching the super bowl is injuries this season.

S-33....

You sound like a Pats fan so you know that who is on the injury report from NE (many Pats are) is misleading...

....To me, I'd go all out to beat Miami and then sit guys

That's the Indy way and it doesn't work. If you are able to play in NE you play. You might get a quarter off. players need to play to stay in game shape. Jones and Hightower need to get a couple under the belt. Jones especially. 

I agree but I think this Pats team is much better than last year's version especially defensively and that travels well as we learned when we went to Indy, GB and SD. I like the Pats even on the road this year especially vs Denver who do not look nearly as good back when we played them.

I may like the odds but don't count Denver out either here or there. They are running the ball and stopping it.

I assume Manning is healthy enough to get the passes they need.

I may like the odds but don't count Denver out either here or there. They are running the ball and stopping it.

I assume Manning is healthy enough to get the passes they need.

I'm not sold on Denver anymore.  As a Pats fan I'd rather the Pats play Denver in the playoffs instead of the Steelers, Ravens, Chargers, Chiefs.

The reason why the Broncos now rely on the run is there are problems on offense...

1.) Manning's arm strength.

2.) Manning's accuracy.

3.) WR's and TE's banged up.

And there are some reasons why the Broncos are doing good on running the ball...

1.) Opposing teams haven't yet adjusted to the Broncos running game as they're still fearing Manning's throwing the ball.

2.) How many opposing teams are loading up the box forcing Manning to throw more the last 4 games?

The problem is the Broncos' offense wasn't designed and set up for a power running game.  It's not that they want to run more, it's that they have to.

I'm not sold on Denver anymore.  As a Pats fan I'd rather the Pats play Denver in the playoffs instead of the Steelers, Ravens, Chargers, Chiefs.

The reason why the Broncos now rely on the run is there are problems on offense...

1.) Manning's arm strength.

2.) Manning's accuracy.

3.) WR's and TE's banged up.

And there are some reasons why the Broncos are doing good on running the ball...

1.) Opposing teams haven't yet adjusted to the Broncos running game as they're still fearing Manning's throwing the ball.

2.) How many opposing teams are loading up the box forcing Manning to throw more the last 4 games?

The problem is the Broncos' offense wasn't designed and set up for a power running game.  It's not that they want to run more, it's that they have to.

While I like NE's chances in a rematch with Denver anywhere the game is played, I wouldn't take the Broncos this lightly. They're still the biggest challenge for the Patriots in the AFC at the moment. 

Denver's much better defensively, too.

You like the Pats on the road against anyone anywhere...right?

My point was/is: Denver's likely to win any game played in Denver.

NE is much more likely to win any game played in NE.

Agreed?

The bold print above can be picked apart so easily.

Last season the Pats had to rely heavily on Talib in the secondary.  He couldn't stay healthy.  The Pats offense and defense now in 2014 is better and able to win on the road.

Denver has big problems on offense.  They're slowly turning into a shell of themselves on offense.  They're WR's and TE's are banged up.  Manning is throwing up ducks.  They're having to rely on running the ball.  As the weather gets colder and colder it's affecting Manning and his timing with his offense.  They got so desperate they had to bring in Richie Incognito.

The Pats can go into Denver and beat the Broncos.  It would be harder for the Pats to go into Baltimore or Pitt and beat those AFC North teams.  In fact it would be a tougher challenge for the Pats to beat the Ravens or Steelers at home than to beat the Broncos in Denver.

Pats' D did a good job against the Chargers in SD without Jones or Hightower.  They can do a good job in NE against MIA who will be playing in 35 degree weather without Jones or Hightower.

Bringing back players too soon is not good, just like what they did to Gronk last year.

The only thing that will prevent the Pats from reaching the super bowl is injuries this season.

Its funny that's the only sentnce you found fault with.

You agree that NE is a LOCK to win any game played in NE, right?

Agreed?

Agreed?

Make no mistake I want the home field throughout. That is the best path to the SB for the Pats regardless of opponent. My main point was that I don't fear Denver in Denver the way I did last year. I also think SD could give the Pats a run if they make it in.

While I like NE's chances in a rematch with Denver anywhere the game is played, I wouldn't take the Broncos this lightly. They're still the biggest challenge for the Patriots in the AFC at the moment. 

I am not sure about that. I would fear SD more and the Ravens if they both make it in.

Make no mistake I want the home field throughout. That is the best path to the SB for the Pats regardless of opponent. My main point was that I don't fear Denver in Denver the way I did last year. I also think SD could give the Pats a run if they make it in.

I hear you. Im just picking on you.

You know you've told me you were concerned with the Jets (2-11) because Rex is a top defensive mind but Denver in Denver is nothing to fear?.

I just think home field is 6 or 7 points..not 3 like the gamblers say

I hear you. Im just picking on you.

You know you've told me you were concerned with the Jets (2-11) because Rex is a top defensive mind but Denver in Denver is nothing to fear?.

I just think home field is 6 or 7 points..not 3 like the gamblers say

Brady has absolutely torched Del Rio every single time other than last years AFCCG when he was down to basically no one's at WR. Ryan comes up with much better defensive schemes to frustrate him and for whatever reason the Jets QB plays the game of his life vs the Pats. Smith's best game was vs the Pats this season.

I would not go as far to say that Denver is nothing to fear but I feel the Pats are the best team in the conference and therefore have confidence regardless of opponent or venue. 

I am not sure about that. I would fear SD more and the Ravens if they both make it in.

They just handled SD pretty well (one of the worst games of Rivers' career, stats-wise) in their house, and they played a sloppy game in doing so (LaFell's fumble, Brady's INT). The offense sputtered but I don't think that would have happened at Gillette. 

Baltimore has some history with us, but I don't find myself being all that worried about the Ravens. They may not even get in. And Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, the minds and "on the field coaches" of that defense, are gone. Those guys went up against Brady so many times, and were able to make it interesting more often than not. But since then, the Pats stomped them in Baltimore last time they played, and I think would do it again if they met up this year. Flacco's strength is the deep ball, but their WRs would be over-matched by our secondary, IMO. 

Denver has looked a bit "off" as they've morphed their identity a bit, but when you look at the talent up and down that roster, on both sides of the ball, they're clearly the #1 challenger to the Patriots holding the top seed. I wouldn't read too much into their recent "struggles." (And I put that in quote marks because they've won, what, three in a row? That's not exactly struggling IMO.) 

Y'all think the Miami game Sunday is a LOCK for the Pats in 'The House of Hoodie'?

I think the Dolphins match up better against the Patriots than the Broncos do.  The Dolphins know the Pats more than the Broncos do.

I think Belichick is in Peyton's head.  

I think the Dolphins don't let Belichick and Brady get in their heads and they proved it consistently since 2000.  This year's Dolphins have some of that "Raven mentality" in them when they play the Pats.

Dolphins are always that threat of being an upset maker against the Pats.

I think the Dolphins match up better against the Patriots than the Broncos do.  The Dolphins know the Pats more than the Broncos do.

I think Belichick is in Peyton's head.  

I think the Dolphins don't let Belichick and Brady get in their heads and they proved it consistently since 2000.  This year's Dolphins have some of that "Raven mentality" in them when they play the Pats.

Dolphins are always that threat of being an upset maker against the Pats.

Correct. The Fins a physically tough and the little brother that fights back.

They just handled SD pretty well (one of the worst games of Rivers' career, stats-wise) in their house, and they played a sloppy game in doing so (LaFell's fumble, Brady's INT). The offense sputtered but I don't think that would have happened at Gillette. 

Baltimore has some history with us, but I don't find myself being all that worried about the Ravens. They may not even get in. And Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, the minds and "on the field coaches" of that defense, are gone. Those guys went up against Brady so many times, and were able to make it interesting more often than not. But since then, the Pats stomped them in Baltimore last time they played, and I think would do it again if they met up this year. Flacco's strength is the deep ball, but their WRs would be over-matched by our secondary, IMO. 

Denver has looked a bit "off" as they've morphed their identity a bit, but when you look at the talent up and down that roster, on both sides of the ball, they're clearly the #1 challenger to the Patriots holding the top seed. I wouldn't read too much into their recent "struggles." (And I put that in quote marks because they've won, what, three in a row? That's not exactly struggling IMO.) 

Good points but I just don't see Denver's defense being able to stop us whereas the Chargers stymied us for three quarters and only gave up the lead on a broken play where they missed tackling Edelman. It is that type of team and game that has bounced us in the past. But our defense and STs came to the rescue which gives me hope that we can win a playoff game if our offense scores less than 30 or even 25.

You are probably right about the Ravens. They really don't have the defense this year to stop us and I think our defense can stop Flacco unlike previous years.

I think Denver is always a tough out but we match up well vs them. I can't see them running all over us if that is their game plan going forward. It is hard to say this but I would force Manning to pass on us as he has yet to prove that he can vs us or consistently this year since playing us. They have taken the ball out of his hands for whatever reason.

Baltimore is the team you need to watch in playoffs.

Baltimore is the team you need to watch in playoffs.

Yes, Baltimore matches up well against the Patriots.  But so does the Steelers, Chargers, Chiefs and Dolphins.

Wouldn't the Colts be more likely to face the Ravens than the Patriots would If the Colts get the #3 seed and the Pats get the #1 seed and a first round bye?

Yes, Baltimore matches up well against the Patriots.  But so does the Steelers, Chargers, Chiefs and Dolphins.

Wouldn't the Colts be more likely to face the Ravens than the Patriots would If the Colts get the #3 seed and the Pats get the #1 seed and a first round bye?

Yeah, divisional round for Pats

Uh, I am pretty certain that I posted weeks before GB that the Patriots would lose that game.

And I never said anything otherwise after that.

So, no, you're wrong.

You thought the Pats would lose to Green Bay weeks before the game?  Do you likewise feel the Pats would lose in the SB to Green Bay should that be the matchup?

NE getting it done on defense and special teams. Again.

Only complete team in the NFL. Miami is still in it, but they've left too many points on the board already. (Including practically gifting NE all 14 of theirs) I wouldn't bank on Tannehill throwing a game sealing TD if it comes down to the end, but it might.