Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cardinals are the best team in the league...

bap1331

I'm impressed with AZ, and I think Arians(?) their HC should win coach of the year for doing this with THREE different QB's.

Also I say they lose this week, but wouldn't be shocked if they stunned the hawks. The hawks been wildly inconsistent and well Wilson been average at best.

i hate to say it but I dont see the Seahawks winning against the Cards. The offense hasnt even scored much and theyre gonna need points against the Cards. The game will all go down to the Seahawks defense...

The Bucs are a power house team?

Rams have four wins total. And still have to play at SD, at Seattle and home vs the Cards. They are not making the playoffs. Their division is too tough. They would need to basically win out or go 5-1 to have a chance.

Pressure Brady, huh? Pretty sure that is what the Colts did for a half forcing two picks and still the Pats dominated. I think you have to realize that this team might be the least reliant on Brady to win in years. The success of the team does not rise and fall with him. They can run, they can play great defense. That is what wins championships. This is Bill's best secondary since the Law/Harrison years.

when did i say bucs? Seahawks, 49ers and Broncos are what I was talking about. They only lost against bad teams but win against all the best. I dont understand the Rams...lol

Arizona is a balanced team with a great defense.

NE is a balanced team with one of the best QB's to ever play instead of an injury roulette wheel.

I'll take the Patriots.

NE

-

Cards

Packers (Mostly in part of their QB. The overall team is nothing special, Rodgahs carries them hard.)

-

Everyone else besides the 4 named below.

Jets, Oakland, TB and Jax

yea but Brady hasnt really faced a top notched defense. Hes faced the best offenses. Colts defense isnt even on top 25 and they got 2 interceptions against Brady. Chiefs showed that.

Cardinals are that team that will force you to make mistakes. And Brady doesnt like pressure.

Hes faced the best offenses.

For all the talk about Indy and Denver having top offenses due to their passing games, I strongly disagree. Both offenses are one dimensional. I'd say Denver has better pass blocking by a mile and we have a better run game, but ours sucks almost as much as Denver's.

NE and a multitude of other teams have more balanced offenses than we and Denver do. Denver and Indy will score plenty against teams that can't defend the pass, but what happens when they play teams that can defend the pass? Run, right? Well, they can't. Win with defense? lol no. Our run D is putrid and so is Denver's secondary. Game over.

At least Indy has special teams going for it. We have a reliable kicker, canon punter and decent returns/coverage. Denver doesn't have special teams in any way, shape, or form. They lose the field position battle all the time and have a liability at kicker. Punter is so so.

When it's all said and done, Indy and Denver are two teams carried by their passing attack. Indy has great special teams to help carry the load while Denver has a great run defense to help out. Beyond that, both teams have serious shortcomings.

As for Brady, yes, he stinks when pressured. Most teams are either unable to get past his fortress regularly or too stupid to bring the house all game to throw him off his rocker. We did it for a half and he had two INT's. One was a really stupid throw which is not something he'd otherwise do. It was still a ball game at half time and then we STOPPED knocking him on his keyster all second half and they kicked our butts.

In most cases, the bolded part is why most teams fail against NE. You'd think people would see what works after all these years and emulate that instead of what doesn't. (Sitting back trying to cover all those players including the most physically gifted TE to ever play.) Yes if you blitz you'll get burned a few times, but it's better than a slow painful death of them marching down the field on you and you make the QB mistake prone. Otherwise, he hardly ever screws up if you give him all day.

For all the talk about Indy and Denver having top offenses due to their passing games, I strongly disagree. Both offenses are one dimensional. I'd say Denver has better pass blocking by a mile and we have a better run game, but ours sucks almost as much as Denver's.

NE and a multitude of other teams have more balanced offenses than we and Denver do. Denver and Indy will score plenty against teams that can't defend the pass, but what happens when they play teams that can defend the pass? Run, right? Well, they can't. Win with defense? lol no. Our run D is putrid and so is Denver's secondary. Game over.

At least Indy has special teams going for it. We have a reliable kicker, canon punter and decent returns/coverage. Denver doesn't have special teams in any way, shape, or form. They lose the field position battle all the time and have a liability at kicker. Punter is so so.

When it's all said and done, Indy and Denver are two teams carried by their passing attack. Indy has great special teams to help carry the load while Denver has a great run defense to help out. Beyond that, both teams have serious shortcomings.

As for Brady, yes, he stinks when pressured. Most teams are either unable to get past his fortress regularly or too stupid to bring the house all game to throw him off his rocker. We did it for a half and he had two INT's. One was a really stupid throw which is not something he'd otherwise do. It was still a ball game at half time and then we STOPPED knocking him on his keyster all second half and they kicked our butts.

In most cases, the bolded part is why most teams fail against NE. You'd think people would see what works after all these years and emulate that instead of what doesn't. (Sitting back trying to cover all those players including the most physically gifted TE to ever play.) Yes if you blitz you'll get burned a few times, but it's better than a slow painful death of them marching down the field on you and you make the QB mistake prone. Otherwise, he hardly ever screws up if you give him all day.

The thing with getting pressure on Brady and that's is true for any QB, not just Brady, is you have to have the line talent to do it. And they don't grow on trees.

Just getting pressure with any line won't do it against the likes of the Brady's, Manning's, Lucks. et al. They'll beat you on it.

I really think right now its...

1. Cardinals

and then a far distance here:

2. Rams

3. Patriots

4. Packers

and then another huge gap...

5. Broncos

6. Colts

I think the Cardinals are a better version of the 2013 Seahawks. I dont see Peyton or Brady having the slightest chance against the Rams or Cardinals because their defense will score regardless of whether the offense does or not. Peyton and Brady cannot escape the pocket and im sure the Rams and Cards will do much better against the run like the Pats did against the Broncos and definitely the Colts...

Who do I think can beat the Rams and Cardinals? A guy who can easily move out of the pocket and extend the defense to get tired none other than Andrew Luck. Luck exposed the Seahawks defense last year and all that is holding him back is his own defense. If the running game can be consistent or somehow produce, they have a great chance against those teams.

If you really look at it, Brady doesnt really do much against the Colts. The defense got 2 interceptions and Brady knows the weakness is the run defense so he just gave Gray the ball. Last year it rained so all he did was give Blount the ball. He didnt do much on passing but when he rarely did, it was because the defense was so tired out.

i mean the score was 10-13 on halftime and people only look at the end...

The thing with getting pressure on Brady and that's is true for any QB, not just Brady, is you have to have the line talent to do it. And they don't grow on trees.

Just getting pressure with any line won't do it against the likes of the Brady's, Manning's, Lucks. et al. They'll beat you on it.

I really think right now its...

1. Cardinals

and then a far distance here:

2. Rams

3. Patriots

4. Packers

and then another huge gap...

5. Broncos

6. Colts

I think the Cardinals are a better version of the 2013 Seahawks. I dont see Peyton or Brady having the slightest chance against the Rams or Cardinals because their defense will score regardless of whether the offense does or not. Peyton and Brady cannot escape the pocket and im sure the Rams and Cards will do much better against the run like the Pats did against the Broncos and definitely the Colts...

Who do I think can beat the Rams and Cardinals? A guy who can easily move out of the pocket and extend the defense to get tired none other than Andrew Luck. Luck exposed the Seahawks defense last year and all that is holding him back is his own defense. If the running game can be consistent or somehow produce, they have a great chance against those teams.

If you really look at it, Brady doesnt really do much against the Colts. The defense got 2 interceptions and Brady knows the weakness is the run defense so he just gave Gray the ball. Last year it rained so all he did was give Blount the ball. He didnt do much on passing but when he rarely did, it was because the defense was so tired out.

i mean the score was 10-13 on halftime and people only look at the end...

How about them Cards and Rams? ;)

Repost for truth

NE

-

Cards

Packers (Mostly in part of their QB. The overall team is nothing special, Rodgahs carries them hard.)

-

Everyone else besides the 4 named below.

Jets, Oakland, TB and Jax

Cards had a bad game. Still a very good team, but you need a respectable QB. They're on, what, their third?

Not surprised they lost haven't been sold on them all season . Greenbay will be the number one seed and NFC favorite when it's all said it done . Said it before the season and I'm sticking with it .

Arz is better overall than GB, GB has the best QB in the game to make up for it. It's pretty close.

Arz is a decent QB away from being a complete team. The only team that IS complete is NE.